Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Are You Planning

During a conversation a man told me his wife stepped out to buying groceries while he was home while the children napping. She takes her time grocery shopping as her cell phone rings consistently. After the 3rd ring tone she answers the phone. It was her husband in a panic saying, "the kids are up, what am I going to do with them?"

This scenario is common for many households. Once the parent that typically instructs the children is gone for a moment the other is seeking a plan to get the children out and about.

Often times many seek a plan after things are in motion, instead of prior. Before you were created God already had a plan in place for you. God does not create something and then set a plan in motion. He has a plan before the creation.

My mind is captured by the calling of Jeremiah. In the thirteenth year of the reign of Josiah God spoke to the Prophet Jeremiah saying "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations," Jeremiah 1:5.

God was basically saying to Jeremiah, prior to your birth I chose you and made you different and gave you the position as a prophet. He was to serve not only the Jews but neighboring nations also.

Jeremiah was a young boy and I imagine him wondering, who am I to follow out such task. God came to Jeremiah to give him confidence to let him know I have the blue print for the directions I have given you.

Have you wondered how to get to one point, yet not considered planning from the beginning? Maybe you are in motion to a certain destination and wonder why things are bumpy along the way. Possibly you jump into projects without reading the directions initially.

Consider seeking God first before setting out. Pray to God to guide you to your purpose. Ask God to reveal what He has positioned you to do in life, for we all have a purpose in life.

4 comments:

Heddie J. said...

Thank you for reminiding of all of 'the plan' God has for us all. As I read this, I thought of the many times I wanted to be in controll of what I do. I want to be the one to do things my way. I am the one that can only do this. Then I am reminded that I may be capable of doing something a certain way, but how does God want me to do it as He has already planned. Is God getting the Glory out what he has already planned for every situation that comes up in your life? Every detail has already been forseen. The question is, will we allow God's plan to be fufilled? When in doubt, Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and in all thine ways acknowledge Him, and he will direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5,6.

Jamila said...

Beautifully stated. Thank you for sharing and blessing us with your comment. So often we want to plan and forget to ask for God's blue print so we can get it right. Proverbs 3:5-6 is one of my favorite scriptures and it compliments this writing. It reminded me to
“Let all things be done decently and in order”
1 Corinthians 14:40.
Move as He says to move.

Anonymous said...

Umm,boy do you have a way with timing. If this thing here is not an issue in my (our) life right now I don't know what is. It has been said that people don't plan to fail, but fail to plan. And even though it is very, very important to do many times we just don't do it.

Thanks for the Word and your inspiration and thank you Heddie J for topping it off with Proverb 3:5,6. This is definitely on time.

God Bless you.

hilaan

Jamila said...

Thank you and I thank God for the Word. He is always on time.