Friday, June 11, 2010

Peace in Change

Change has been a condition that has occurred consistently, for the past two weeks in my life. Every day the twist and turns of a roller coaster has been so present that the only alternative I have had has been to call out to the Lord.

My husband told me, it is now a time in many lives that change is occurring but we have to push through the change. I thought, “What a timely statement," for we must be reminded to keep going forward.

As my mind contemplates pressing forward, I seek peace to endure the entwining curves. In the book of Isaiah it says, “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you," Isaiah 26:3.

This text tells us if our mind is committed to the Lord we will be granted with peace. We will have peace on the inside, on the outside, peace with God, peace of our very conscience at all times, and we will have peace in every event, if we rely on the Father for that peace.

When life seems like a roller coaster, those who trust in God shall not only find in him, but shall obtain from him, strength that will carry them through to that sacredness.

Life might be pulling you one way today and another next but God is the same forever. He is looking for those who will trust Him through it all. He is looking for those who will be committed to look to Him.

Are you committed? Who are you looking at today in the midst of trails? What has your attention in life’s unwinding changes?

Consider not fretting over what is visible to the eye. Allow God to help you grow in Him. Pray to God to help you trust Him like never before. For the “LORD, You will establish peace for us, Since You have also performed for us all our works,” Isaiah 26:12.

4 comments:

Lineeka said...

Thank you for this reminder of being ok with change. Some of the things that I want to do has been haulted because of other responsibilities in my life. These changes have put some stress on me. I will draw near to the Lord during this time so I may be ready for anything else that comes my way. I'm also relying on God to wrap his hands around me during this time to not be stressed and to do things as they come and rejoice that I'm able to do the many things I have in front of me and still strive to achieve my goals.

Anonymous said...

Praise God for His peace. Change, something that I cans say I am familiar with all too well. It's not easy at all. I felt like I was drowning and I couldn't help but to kick and scream. The life guard (my Lord)kept telling me to just be still, trust Him to pull me to safety. When I finally gave in and stopped the kicking and screaming... Oh what peace filled my soul. Yes! Yes, our hope, our trust, our peace is in Him and Him alone. Praise God

LaVonna

Jamila said...

Lineeka,
I understand about putting things on hold because of responsibilities. God wants us just as we are. We all have an appointed time but He wants us to know our condition is not of importance. What matters is do we beleive Him to be who He is and beleive Him to do what He says he will. We have to trust Him no matter the circumstance, we have to step out on Faith and allow Him to do the rest. It is not easy but it is possible with the Lord! All praises to God for making a way out of no way! Continue to draw near to Him, He has the plan and will clear the way.

Jamila said...

LaVonna,
It is funny thinking about when a person is about to drown. The first thing the guard says is be still. Things get worse when we are kicking and screaming. All the water is getting in our lungs we are thinking the worse and here comes this guard to say be still, "I can't help you unless you grab me and be still." God is saying that to His children be still and grab me, I will pull you through. Thank you Father for being there in all this change and help us to change in the change. We ask you God for change but neglect the change we have to go through to get the change. Thank you Father, thank you.