Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Serving Others

Lately, I have been thinking of Healing of a Broken Heart Ministry. I have considered how it was initially me just writing a book, but quickly turned to me serving others. I don’t have much to give but what I do have, I give with honor. In the past, I considered what I had was nothing, so giving the little I had was not the highlight of my day. However, since I have opened myself to the charge of this ministry, I feel like I can’t get enough of giving thanks to God.

These thoughts grasp my attention to the Apostle Paul’s writings, it states “For the ministry of this service is not only fully supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing through many thanksgivings to God,”2 Corinthians 9:12.

Giving is a aspect of ministry. Ministry is service provided to others at the expense of the ones carrying out the commands of God to not only add to what is lacking in reference to property and resources, poverty, want, or need but overflowing in a large measure of thankfulness to God.

When you give, others will praise God for the obedience you have proven yourself unto God. Your kindness will be thought of forever.

Prior to verse 12, Paul states in the ninth verse that because you dispense blessings all over, giving to the poor, your righteousness will last forever. You will never be forgotten because you would have planted a seed bringing someone close to the Christ. The verses following say because you added seed, multiplying the harvest you will be spiritually rich resulting in thanking and glorifying our Heavenly Father.

Do you give? What gift has God given you for the building of the kingdom? Are you giving it for edification? What is your perspective of giving? Have you made up in your heart to give, what you give? Or do you feel obligated to give to get what you want?

Writing is something I enjoy. I find pleasure in writing and sharing with others how God has been faithful through my walk. I consider writing devotionals as a form of ministry which is serving others.

Paul advises us to do just as you have purposed in your heart, “not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver, ” (2 Corinthians 9:7). The righteous act is giving on your own. You should feel no sorrow, pain, grief, or mourn another because you have given. You should not feel under obligation as if it is a requirement, feeling forced by a situation or because everybody else is doing it. You should not give because it is the law and it would benefit you to give.

Consider giving without the condition that you will get a reward in return but give because you have already made up in your heart and mind that it is what you personally want to do. God loves the giver that is prompt to do anything and is happy about giving.

2 comments:

Heddie J. said...

Everything we do, comes through service through YOU. This is the kingdom at hand for man as we bring love through. You will never know where you will go as you are obedient for others to see Christ. Thanks for this one.

Jamila said...

That is true we never know what is in store as we do the will of God but we know it is acceptable to God and that is what should push and direct our obedience.