Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Am I Pleasing

Recently, we had a marriage conference that the Lord blessed in a mighty way. Prior to the event, there were times I felt like I was on a roller coaster but the Lord never let me go. He never let me fall on my face. At the end, all I could think of was, “Father, did I please you?”

Couples came to me saying how blessed they were, Pastors commended me but my heart searched ‘if I pleased God.’ When all was still a warm feeling came over me and I knew that very moment, I grew, to seeking, to only please Him and not others.

As a child, I would always want to make everyone happy. I would change everything to satisfy another. Yet this time, I did exactly what the Father asked of me, no matter how insane it sounded or even looked. At last, I did what God said with a heart to please only Him.

Doing what God says can be like a roller coaster. It can start off smooth and then it can feel as if you are going up a step incline. All of a sudden a jerk and an unexpected drop that twists and turns and a flat tranquil stop, once all is done out of obedience to the Father.

I am reminded "If ye love me, you will keep my commands" (John 14:15). Loving the Father means doing what He instructs us to do. Questioning Him or delayed obedience is a form of disrespect.

I have a two year old that has a fixation with balls. He is crazy about any type of ball. The other day I told him, “Move your hands off the ball.” As his hands were stretched towards the ball, he looked at me with a grin upon his face and then he turned away from the ball. I applauded him and he came running to me and I embraced him. I was pleased that my son obeyed me.

I can see the Father looking at me, looking at you, as he gives instructions. You hear Him but do you turn away and go His way or go your own way.

Maybe, you think you can’t do what He says. Perhaps your eyes are fixed on what you have or don’t have. Possibly, you have not tapped into the unlimited resources that our God has open to your access.

Consider the abilities of God. Can you see Him carrying the cross for the mistakes you made? Can you picture Him on the cross, hanging there bleeding for the mistakes you made? Can you imagine Him rising early in the morning as the sun, so you may rise?

Allow yourself to do as He says. Pray to God to help you during the roller coaster as He instructs you. Call upon the Father to forgive you for hesitating, for not moving, for not believing the one true thing He has asked of you. This is the love of God, that we maintain his commandments
(1 John 5:2).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is pleased with you!!!