Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Not Prevail

One afternoon, I prepared to take my children to piano practice. I loaded all four children in the car, grabbed my purse and reached for the keys and they were not in its place. I asked the children, “Have you all seen the key?” They were very silent. I knew then someone made a toy out of the keys. 30 minutes passed, I was becoming irritated. I was ready to go but I had no keys. I called their teacher to let her know we would not be able to make it to practice due to the keys not being available.

I unloaded the car and after 10 minutes my oldest son came to me, batting his big pretty eyes with the keys dangling in his hands saying, “Now we can go mommy, I found the keys.”

This scenario captures my thoughts to the keys which the Lord gives to us.
Jesus was speaking to Peter and He told him, “That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven” (Matthew 16:18-19).

Jesus was telling Peter that I am giving you a church, a ministry and the enemy will not be able to defeat it because it is my church, which I am appointing you as the leader. He continued to tell Peter, He will give him keys of the kingdom. These keys are power which gains Peter access to get through the turmoil, to make it to the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus was letting Peter know there will be some hills for you to climb but if you use my key, my game plan, you will succeed, for you have already succeeded.

Have you ever lost your keys? The time is ticking and you have no time to waste but the keys are misplaced. What do you do? Does a rage come over you? Do you only focus on you not having the key and not being at a certain place at an appointed time? What do you do when you don’t have the keys to the kingdom of heaven? Can you fix your eyes on Christ? Picture Him giving you access to gain authority to reach your destination.

Because I did not locate my keys, I could not go. It did not matter if I prepared ten days ahead a time. Having no keys meant I wasn’t going any where.

Maybe today you are being faced with confusion. Perhaps an uproar is going on in your life, disorder is taking place so you can become muddled and just give up. No matter what strategy of attacks the enemy throws its okay because Jesus is saying “I got your back.” No matter how impossible it might seem its okay because Jesus has already defeated hell.

The Father has a given you a key of peace when everything is rattling. You were given a key of light when it’s dark. You have a key of regulation when things are disorderly. You have a key to open every secret place to get you through the hell.

The keys are symbolic of having authority. You can plan to buy a house, get it at a discount, sign the papers, buy the furniture you want, all the paint for each room, the flowers you want in your garden but if you don’t have the keys to the house, you don’t have authority to dwell in the house. You don’t have ownership to rule.

As our society is faced with a famine, can you locate the keys the Father has already granted you? He has given you divine power and defeated the enemy. What ever He has appointed you leader of you are required to just be obedient. Your responsibility is not to make sure the flock comes, for He sends the flock. Your responsibility is not to make sure people keep their word, for their commitment lies with Christ. You are only responsible for doing what God has told you to do. Pray to be obedient when things don’t look like its going as you thought. Ask the Lord to help you be obedient when people have stood you up, broke their promises, said negative things, or attempt to push you down. Remember Jesus has said “hell will not prevail.”

No comments: