Wednesday, March 11, 2009

God Is Able

Today while in church as the word went forth
I thought to myself
“God, why can’t I receive the Word without thinking of you, my friend.
I want to receive your message, for me, oh Lord help me.”
A strong voice said, “NO!”

As the Word went forth and the Spirit spoke to me.
I heard the voice of the Lord
“Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers them out of them all.”(Psalm 34:19)
I stopped wondering
For I already knew.

In our affliction we don’t feel righteous yet,
Through Christ we are righteous
In our affliction we feel worthless yet,
Through Christ we are righteous.

In our affliction God reveals
He is able.
Able to take a young boy and defeat a giant,
Able to take a murderer of Christians and turn him into a Christian,
Able to part the Red Sea to escape trouble,
Able to take a dysfunctional family into a God intentional family,
Able to take a divorced mother with children, into a healing mother for others,
Able to take a marriage that is on the rocks and place it on solid ground,
God is able to take your affliction,
if you just give it over to Him.
God will use your affliction so you may witness to others
Just to say
God is Able
For God is just that
ABLE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is ABLE!!!!