Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pursue Your Gift

I overheard my daughter say “I inspired her to write a book when she saw me publish a book.” She said once she saw me she knew she could do it. Surprisingly,she managed to write and illustrate her book.

My comments are deeper than just being a proud mother because she published a book. Her actions inspired me more than she can even imagine.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was fired. The publisher told me due to my handicap I would no longer continue working at the publication. I was distraught. It was then that I closed myself from the life of being a writer. I had a pity party for seven years, too long. By the grace of God I am able to write.

When she says to me, “Mom you inspired me," I hear, ‘what if you never picked up the pen again.’ I praise the Father for pushing me to be the writer that I am for if it had not been for Him the inspiration He gives me through others would not be on paper today.

A year ago, I committed to the Father to just write for Him. I have awakened every morning existing for Him. Prior to existing for Him, I was incomplete in search of the emptiness.

I can look at my daughter and be reminded of Jesus when he was a child. His parents traveled to Jerusalem to the Passover every year. Jesus had grown and “became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him” (Luke 2:40).

During this time, Jesus was teaching to others and he was a child. You and I were created in His image (Genesis 1:27). Our children are creations of His image; as a result they too can be filled with wisdom to teach others with the grace of God upon them.

An eight year old child has inspired me to continue pushing and be encouraged to do what the Father has created me to do. I can imagine the people being in awe with every word that came out of Jesus’ mouth. I can see them leaving with hope and being inspired to go through another day.

Has a little one been opening your eyes? Is there a child in your life growing in wisdom?

Don’t let the age of a person catch you off guard. Instead of brushing the child off listen to them. Allow the Father to minister to you through them. Ask the Lord to forgive you for not being the image of Him. Pray that the Father helps you maintain your focus, as you strive to go after His will. God will use anyone He pleases to engage you to pursue your God given gift.

No comments: