Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Your Cross

I have been going through various obstacles in my life at this time. The interesting thing is God is still directing me. I’ll think I’m too tired, Lord. I’ll ponder who will be sick next or need me to tend to something else. As I consider my thoughts God will still give me instructions.

Part of me feels like I’m suffering. I am searching with my spiritual inspector lens for the question, “Who am I suffering for?” I want to know, while feeling weighed down, “Who is this load for?”

My aches and pains are merely my cross. My mind captures when Jesus called the people to Him “His followers were also there. Then Jesus said, "If any person wants to follow me, he must say 'No' to the things he wants. That person must accept the cross (suffering) that is given to him, and he must follow me” (Mark 8:34).

I can’t follow Christ if I am not willing to pick up my own cross. Often times in life a person suffers and considers why yet never who the suffering is for. I am reminded of Jesus carrying the cross. When Jesus carried the cross he was suffering for me. He took up the cross not because he did something wrong but because He knew I was going to do something wrong. He knew I would need forgiveness.

Many people are suffering today, some have high blood pressure, anxiety attacks, many are losing control, spiraling in a rage, gaining and losing weight, contemplating death. People that are suffering today are noticing their pain but not the root of the pain.

Have you been in much pain, lately? Perhaps your pain is your cross. Maybe you suffer at a time such as this because God wants you to understand that the cross is to position you to surrender to His way. When we bear our cross we can empty our self as He fills us with more of Him.

Instead of trying to figure out how to escape the pain, ask God to help you pick your cross. Pray to the Father for strength to bear the pains to help another, to inspire someone else get closer to the Father.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen good reminder