Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Can Make It

Lately, my children have needed more than ever. My husband is experiencing difficult trails at his job and I have been preparing for an event. Yet, as the day draws closer one thing after another keeps happening. Every day is a test, yet preparation. Initially, I couldn’t see how the trails were all working as preparation. I called out to Him crawling before Him on my face, in need of His rejuvenation, for all I could see was ‘how it is hard’. I would call on my help for the children only to be let down. As each day got closer I felt as if I was heartbroken. I start second guessing my abilities, thinking that there is no way I can get this done, write this paper, present for class, take the kids here, tend to this or tend to that, there is no way. But joy comes in the morning. I can understand on a deeper level no matter what may come my way, my life is in His hand. Today, as I was on my face before the Lord, I was reminded there is a friend, a friend that won’t let you down.

My mind is captured by the writer Mark. He wrote “Then one of the synagogue rulers, named Jarius, came there. Seeing Jesus, he fell at his feet and pleaded earnestly with him, "My little daughter is dying. Please come and put your hands on her so that she will be healed and live.” So Jesus went with him,” Mark 5:22-23.

Jesus just got off the boat and a multitude of people were awaiting His arrival, including the synagogue ruler. Jarius was a very prominent man in the community. The mentioning of his name would raise eye brows. But he did not let his status cripple him from showing reverence, once he saw Jesus. He did not let his pride take over him, he went to Jesus sincerely, pleading his situation. He asked Jesus to add His power to his daughter by laying His hand upon her so she may be restored and Jesus went with him.

I vividly see Jarius. Day after day serving the Lord. Seeking the right representatives, teaching teachers all to share the law of the Word to others. I can see Jarius so busy, how so many would flock to him for answers yet in his time of distress he knew just where to go. As his daughter laid to the point of death, he went to Jesus.

What do you have in your life and it seems like it is at the point of death? Are you feelingconsumed with responsibilities? Have you felt that everything has been piling up at once? Are you afraid? You don’t have to worry, you don’t have to cry. If you can just go before the Father and declare “ I can make it, I can make it.” Your brokenness will instantly, be moved if you focus on Him and not all that is coming your way.


The world is facing so many trails and all sorts of darts seem to be coming our way. But there is a friend that can revive you. The Bible says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,” Philippians 4:13.

Consider not doing it on your own. Allow God to block your mind from trying to locate your help and pray that you continue to look to the Father. It is through Christ we are strengthened to with stand, whatever comes our way. When you feel like the bills are too heavy, the job is tearing you down, you feel like your responsibilities supersede the energy you have, rest in Him. Allow our heavenly Father to be your refreshment, believing you can make it. “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away,” Revelation 21:4.

6 comments:

Jamila said...

When we are working for something big for the Lord it is designed to bless many. As we prepare to complete the mission that God places on our heart, let us be reminded that as the tasks He gives us increase, the attacks increase. Fasting and prayer are always vital so that you may see beyond what is seen and be close to the Father. I pray you are blessed.

Heddie J. said...

As we grow stronger in the Lord, the trials will increase. WE are to remember that our hearts are not to be troubled, John 14:1. We are in Him always. God only wants to move and work through us regardless of what is going on or happening. As we keep our priorties in order, God allows us to become stronger thus being transformed as we go through what we think we can not handle. He never leaves us or forsakes us. We just don't understand or see how He is working behind doors that seem so hard to walk through as we do what is at hand.

Laquisha Craig said...

I am learning to literally depend on God for my daily bread! I depend on Him for daily strength, daily inspiration, daily answers. I'm learning to deal with just the present and not borrow tomorrow's concerns. Being just in the moment is helping me not to feel overwhelmed all of the time. Today is Tuesday, God's grace is suffcient for today, and His grace will be sufficient for tomorrow- when I get there! God promised to be a "present" help. The joy of the Lord is my strength and I'm learning to draw from it daily.

Unknown said...

Am I feeling consumed with responsibilities? Yes! Have I felt that everything is piling up at once? Yes! Do I feel like my responsibilities supercede the amount of energy I have? Yes! But how I praise God right now that I am not alone. Reading this devotional and the posted comments have so encouraged, and even strengthened me for this day -- this day. And I firmly believe that He will give me all I will need for the days to come. Thank you Laquisha for the reminder that God is a "Present" Help -- Hallelujah, He is VERY present. Grace and Peace to each of you.

Jamila said...

LaQuisha, thank you for your comment. Relying on Him daily is just what He wants. I pray you and I both remember and make it our lifestyle to just depend on Him.

Jamila said...

Shirley,
I thank you for your comment it is so familiar. I laugh with you. My husband reminds me you have to have a sense of humor about all of this. I can see the humor because we want to be so close to God but we keep getting distracted. I know He has to laugh at us knowing that we will eventually get it. I am grateful for your comment because it really lets me see the humor of how all this stuff is just that, stuff with the potential to distract. As we continue to grow in Christ, I pray for the encouragement along the way so we can laugh and be reminded God is our Present Help!!!! Blessings to you all.