Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ignite Your Faith

When I was a little girl my right hand would itch and I would run and tell my grandmother, “ my hand is on fire, make it stop!” She would laugh and tell me baby you’re going to get some money.

I don’t recall if I ever got money as a child when I was young, nor did I believe my grandmother. As an adult, the itching of my hand has always reminded me to expect whatever I am praying for. When my hand itches it’s as if I can see myself getting what I am praying for so I expect it all the more.

Expecting God to move is having faith, the book of Hebrews says, "But without faith it is impossible to Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him," Hebrews 11:6.

If there is no confidence or trust in God all shots are called off, they are disabled. There is no power when we don’t rely on God, as there is no fire on a stove, if the match is not joined with the gas. Just as the lamp won’t turn on, if you never turn on the switch. Faith ignites God, it satisfies Him to do the impossible, what was once immobilized becomes mobilized. We must come to God with confidence. Our mind has to already be made up, persuaded that all is going through and will be approved. We should trust He is the one who pays wages to those that draws near attentively, searching and holding God obligated.

How is your faith today? Do you have confidence in the Lord to do the impossible? Are you trusting God for your healing? Have you been seeking yourself for a remedy for healing, for financial debt or for a broken relationship? Or do you seek God early and ask Him for peace to receive the prescription for your situation?

It was by faith that Noah prepared an ark becoming a successor of righteousness. By faith that Abraham went to dwell in a land and he knew not where he was going but inherited the land of promise. It was through faith that Sara had a baby in her old age. By faith baby Moses was hidden in bushes and expected to be seen and nurtured. It was faith that brought Moses through suffering with the people of God than relaxing enjoying pleasures, wandering away from the law of God, for only a little while.

Consider using your faith and allow God to set flames to the impossible. Pray to God to strengthen your faith. Ask God to assist you in trusting Him with confidence. For as Christ said, “if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer,” Matthew 21:21-22.

4 comments:

Heddie J. said...

As a child, my left hand would itch also. I never looked for where but knew in my spirit it was going to happen. It never failed. I am laughing now because God has a way of getting our attention. My faith should always be in Him at all times for everything no matter what. One has to work on the things that are presented to them. Moses did when he built the ark. It had never rained before. The earth was watered by fresh dew in the morning. The key for me in this post is activated faith. Yes, I do believe in what is going to happen regardless of what it looks like. Moses did it for 120 years preparing the ark. What really is my excuse?

Pastor Cheryl Peeples said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yep my mom and grandmother said the same things itching hands. Recently I'm beginning to think this might be more superstition, so I just ask God to help me understand better. Good post, and Congrats on TV57 appearance.
Take care and God Bless
Min. Jonathan

Jamila said...

For me the itching of the hand is like the smell of muffins your grandmother made adn every time you smell the aroma it reminds you of her and you can just see and feel her that moment. When my hands itch I am confident that what ever I am praying for it is done. It just reminds me TRUST in Him to do the impossible. I don't know all about the superstition but I do know it reminds me to trust God. Thank you for you comment and support, Min. Johnathan.
May God continue to bless you.