Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fighting to Love

Guest Writer: Heddie J

I am told to love my neighbor as myself,
Lord this is hard and I really need your help.
My co-worker got on my nerves at work today,
It is just so hard to love her back when she’s this way.
Then my neighbor gave complete liberty to her dog,
He did his job with no problem all over my yard.
Going home in traffic today, this man cut in front of me,
Now tell me how I am to love these people back and be free.

As I really ponder this one, I could see Jesus just sharing His love as He moved along His way.

We are commanded first, to love. “Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength. The second commandment states, Thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself. There is no other commandment greater than these” (Mark 12:30-31).

In order to experience the art of giving or being in love; or rather, to “activate” love, we must first hand love over to God our Father. Before we can actually give love, we have to commit our heart, soul, mind and strength to doing so. We can not harbor hate, have a bad mind set or have our inner self doing what we think is right. While our mind, body and soul strengthen our desire to love, there still must be a connection with the Spirit of God. It is like the insertion of a key into the ignition of a car, causing it to start. Uniting our mind, body and soul with the Spirit of God sets fire to the art of giving and experiencing love freely.

What have you allowed into your heart that must come out? Are you refusing to let go of whatever causes you to cry out? Will you yield your will and change your mind for Christ? Consider your ways,in order to love and give love out, you must!

Let go of your problems in your mind.
Letting go will evict hate while you become more kind.
Find your strength within the Father as you learn to love, I promise – you will love as you should, for it will flow from above.

3 comments:

Jamila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamila said...

Love can be tricky, especially when others are not responding in a lovig manner. I think while considering how to love I have to ask myself, How would Jesus? Often it is difficult to say how should I respond because sometimes my flesh responds instead of the Christ in me. To continue to love others when they treat me in a negative manner I have to plug up to the most High because loving others can be tricky. Thank you for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

Excellent. I can relate. Thanks for sharing