Friday, February 19, 2010

Just Do Good

I remember shortly after having my daughter everything in my life started to change. I was no longer working as a reporter and every place I went to seek employment rejected me. I could not understand. My husband on the other hand had a job and it was not to long before I began to become jealous of him. He never knew I was jealous of him until I was not jealous. It took me a while to see his success as my success.

My past experience reminds of of the virtuous woman. The Bible says that “She does him good, and not evil, all the days of her life,” Proverbs 31:12. This woman was absolutely amazing.

To be good to her husband everyday of her life displays how close she was to God. This scipture is saying that she encouraged him, she was like his instant energizer drink, she woke up daily considering how she as his wife could make things better for him, as God positioned the woman as a helper to her husband since the creation of Eve. She had to have thought that all the good she brought to him was an act of service to God and her husband reaped the benefits from it.

The more I consider this scripture I can’t help but be amazed with her.My perspecitve upon being fired was opposite of the virtuous woman. As I have grown to know more of God and how He desires of me I become more as Christ desires.

Maybe you have a hard time agreeing with your spouse. Perhaps after Valentine’s Day all the romance went away, or was it there then. How is your perspective towards your spouse? Are you able to see his success as your success? Is he able to entrust you with his heart?


Consider being more Christ like as a wife. Ask the Lord to help you as days of disagreement flows that you are able to focus on pleasing God by being of good cheer. Call upon the Lord to give you strength to bring good to your spouse on Sunday through Saturday, not just on holidays but every day. Pray to God and trust Him as you pour out your heart to Him, for with God all things are possible.

No comments: