Wednesday, May 19, 2010

See The Best In You

After my two oldest children prepared themselves for school my son asked, “Can we watch TV?” My reply was the same today as any other school morning, “No, you can fold some clothes.” As my son gathered some items, he looks up to me and asked, “How many do I have to get and what about…” I stopped him right there, saying,” You get some clothes and your sister will get some clothes also.”

His sister then comes in from out of the kitchen to say, “Can I have some more juice like…." I stopped her and replied, “Ask for more juice because you want it not because your brother had more. Tell me what you want based on you, not your brother.” She turns her big eyes up and bashfully says,” May I have more juice?”

Then all of a sudden, I was captured by a scripture I was going over yesterday, the Apostle Paul wrote, “Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load,” Galatians 6:4-5.

The Apostle Paul was basically saying everyone has an accountability to prove their work. When we are aware of our own heart and ways, then we will not spend time being jealous of another yet rejoice because we know who we are in Christ. We rejoice appreciating the gift God created in the other, without spending time despising others and we are most apt to help them when they are struggling.

As we face each day we should be most concern about our self and the work we are doing. Eah of us are all a work in progress. At the same time we are children of the most high. Let us hesitate to compare our self to another because when we take an interest in our self then we can see the ‘Best’ in us that the Lord see’s.

Consider not searching the web for what someone else is doing, how somebody else made it and search your heart with the scripture. God has a plan just for you. Today I encourage you to embrace who God created in you. Allow the Lord to show you how valuable you are in His sight and rejoice, forever more!

No comments: