Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Just Come

In my family Sunday is like a big event. My children pop up with great expectations to go to Sunday school. You would think they are going to a theme park. However, this past Sunday was different. We did get to Sunday school and all were jumping like jelly beans and as church concluded I gathered our belongings and I picked up a form that my daughter filled out. I glanced over it and noticed she checked the boxes that read- I am interested in being baptized. I would like information on How to become a Christian and I would like to speak to a minister.


I melted because I knew that moment that my 9 year old daughter had made a decision on her own to accept Christ as her Savior. As I traveled home I was filled with such joy.

My mind was captured by the book of Mark. “People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth; anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them,” Mark 10:13-16 (NIV).

It is interesting that this text says the disciples first thought to reprimand the little children and their actions annoyed Jesus. The Lord followed by saying don’t stop them from coming to me; don’t put brakes on them because you don’t understand. Jesus was saying to them that the age of a person has nothing to do with the kingdom of heaven.

Many times adults react in an outraged manner simply because we don’t understand our children. We will tell them no without an explanation or even asking them why are you doing that. Perhaps you are wondering where this is leading and why a parent would need to get all that back ground information from a child.

Ask yourself this question- Do I expect a lot of background information from God? Are there times I want to be explained certain things? Am I not a child of God? No matter our age there are still times we long for answers to our question. The Lord is not saying make an appointment, He is simply saying ‘come.’ As we go He compassionately unfolds answers.

Maybe you have been prolonging coming to Christ because you think you are not ready. Perhaps you put going to the Lord on your ‘things to do list.’

Do you have a relationship with the Father? How do you respond when there is an issue in your life? Are you magnifying your problem or exalting the Most High? Do you have faith as a child?

Consider giving your life over to the Lord. Allow the Father to use you as a vessel. Commit today to serve Him as He wills. I pray that you will send your emails of prayer request, call to surrender all before the Lord today. If you just need someone to pray with send me a message, I will pray with you. Call upon the Lord to take you by the hand and lead you. The Lord is your refuge; pray to God to keep you from harm as you make a life changing decision to just serve Him. Maybe you have given your life and got off course re-commit and follow the ways of the Lord. Acknowledge Him right now, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God,” Romans 3:23. Ask for forgiveness of your mistakes, “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon,” Isaiah 55:7. Believe Christ as your SAVIOUR, “But as many as received him, to them He gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name,” John 1:12. Proclaim that Christ is Lord, “what shall a man give in exchange for his soul,” Mark 8:37? May God bless you and be in your heart always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I rejoice in your daughter's decision!

That decision is as a result, no doubt, of a wonderful Christian environment in the home and with a Sunday School teacher who knows how to get the Word across to children.

Hugh