Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Crying Out

One night my baby was crying because he was not feeling well. I'd taken him to the doctor and followed all the directions, according to the doctor but he appeared to not be getting any better.

He cried through the night and I held him close to me. My level of concern was rising and I cried to God asking Him, What to do? I prayed that He would heal my son and give me wisdom to tend to the child He gave me to watch over as He would see fit.

Like a baby, wisdom cries out loud for us. Wisdom wants our attention because with wisdom you make better decisions. “Wisdom calls aloud in the streets; she rails her voice in the public squares; at the end of the noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech” (Proverbs 1:20-21).

Wisdom is like a hidden treasure that you have to search for (Proverbs 2:4). Yet upon your treasure hunt you have to follow directions. Those directions come from the Father. “For the Lord gives wisdom and from His mouth comes knowledge and understanding” (Proverbs 2:6).

Today many are pondering about how to get in the will of God. Some want the reward yet detest the requirements. Wisdom calls out to those that are willing to hunt for it. Wisdom is valuable and like all things that are of value you have to work for it.

Consider seeking God for wisdom. Don’t be discouraged by the lions roaring at you, instead focus on the Lord as Daniel did in the lion’s den. God will shut the mouth of your lions as well.

Allow God to calm you and give you peace. Pray to God for wisdom. Call upon the Lord to forgive you for not doing what He says to do and open your heart to yield to the Father. Wisdom is supreme. Go get wisdom. Yes it is costly, but get understanding (Proverbs 4:7).

No comments: