Friday, May 8, 2009

Stop, Go To Him

I have a friend and she has been the busiest mom, I know. That is hard to say because I am a busy mom but this mother I call “Busy Mom, on The Go.” She is ripping and running up and down the highway commuting at least 40 minute each morning from Covington to Atlanta to help her relative, helping a friend in the community, trying to keep things together in the house, help tend to the one of her children who had been sick and another whom is getting in trouble at school. This friend of mine is busy, too busy to stop to ask for any help, too busy to tend to herself, too busy for life.

About a year ago, I was her. After all the busy ways of life, I found myself existing and not living. I became frustrated, an anxiety spirit consumed me, my view was clouded and it was difficult for me to make decisions, making time to go to the doctor was tedious, being a mother was tough, loving myself was far from reach, praying was hard, living was hard-hitting, as I attempted to do everything in my own strength.

Sometimes in our life you have to stop and go to the Lord. Our Father has all of your concerns in control. He has a plan for your plan but if we don’t stop and go to Him you will drown.

In Mark 5, I recall the story of Jarius, a man of great faith. His daughter was deadly ill. Jarius was a busy man in the ministry and community. He was a senior pastor, the top man in the congregation; he had a significant job in the Palestine. Jarius was a busy man with a family. When his daughter got sick he stopped and knelt down before Jesus and pleaded about his daughter. He told him, come lay hands on my daughter and she will be healed. They walked to his daughter but as they walked the woman with the issue of blood for 12 years caused Jesus to stop.

I can see Jarius, curiously saying “everything must be okay. If Jesus has time to stop it must mean she is fine.” Jarius stayed right there with Jesus when He stopped. He stayed right there and did not move until He finished.

You can’t get so busy with life that you don’t stop to go to the Father for your needs. Jarius knew Jesus was the great physician. He knew He could do all things. He had child like faith.

When my daughter came to me at the beginning of this year with her list to publish her book she did not consider how much it would cost, would I have time to get it done, she knew it was a done deal. My daughter reminded me of the Faith that the Father wants us to have in what seems to be an impossible situation. She believed that her book would be published and for that it occurred.

How hectic is your schedule today? Are you walking your path? Have you stopped when there was a delay in your life? A delay is not an automatic denial but a pause.

Sometimes it feels as if you are being pulled from left to right. However, don’t forget to stop and take your needs to the top doctor, the main provider, the comforter, the will in the middle of a will.

Consider throwing yourself a life jacket in the deep ocean and hold on to the Father. Remember Him for who He is and trust Him. As mother’s day is approaching pray for a mother today. Ask God to help the mother’s of our world to come to a halt and go to Him. Call upon the Father and give Him your special need. Pray to the Lord that you embrace Him and get extremely close so you may find the way through the day.

No comments: