Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Blessing Ahead

Yesterday, I spoke with a friend and she told me about her journey to speak at a retreat. As she was traveling a diesel came straight for her. She was going 65 miles per hour up an incline on the road and the diesel was coming straight for her. She told me how difficult it was for her to slow down as this diesel was approaching her within minutes.

As I listened at the edge of my seat she concluded by stating that she knew there must be a blessing waiting at her final destination. It reminded me of the challenges I have had since I have been writing daily in hopes to glorify God.

I am recovering from surgery and it is more of a challenge to channel my attention to God to deliver the message in the devotionals daily. I can’t get up and go to church as I please, I have a hard time finding television shows with someone preaching about what God wants me to hear, I have no access at this time to sermons on cd’s, and it seems as if my access to hear the Word is closing in on me.

I believe when my friend told me the diesel was coming for her it was as if the enemy was anticipating her saying, I am turning around, I give up. As I am recovering and it becomes tedious by the day and sometimes the hour I believe the enemy is waiting for me to say, I give up.

The enemy tested Job anticipating He would turn on God. Yet Job remained faithful when all that was his, was taken away (Job 28: 23-28). Job had counsel from his friends and they told him he must have done something bad (Job 24:25). His wife told him to curse God and die (Job 2:9), yet Job knew in his heart God was still protecting him.

Have you ever been serving the Lord and as you got more involved, more dedicated, more focused on the Lord the enemy came to strike you down?

The enemy does not play fair. His very motive is to kill you. When things become strenuous do you give up? Do you turn around because you can’t take it any more? When the pain increases do you relieve your self by quitting?

Consider Christ on the cross, when they start beating Him, what did he do? When the hung Him high, what did He do? Perhaps the heat is being turned up as a tactic to scare you off. Maybe the intensity of the pain has increased because the enemy wants you to quit.

Where is your focus today? Can you look at your pain and say, I won’t give up? Ask the Lord to carry you through this intense time in your life. Pray to God that as the pain deepens His shield enhances, blocking the hits. Pray to the Lord that you are able to keep your eyes on Him as Job and come out as gold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing this devotion was. We serve a seasonal God! The Bible tells us that to everytime there is a season. Some seasons are fun, warm and we see things growing and people coming and going. But no matter what season we are in, the winter season is coming! When we have a "winter season" in our lives, we have to have an attitude of expectancy! Know that no matter how cold it seems, how unproductive we may feel, Spring is coming!!!! Spring represents new growth, blessings overtaking us, and answers to prayer!God just wants us to always seek HIM no matter what season we are in. Know that HE knows what we are going through. God Bless You! HAVE FAITH IN GOD!
J