Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Speak Through Your Weakness

As the day went along I was surrounded with two issues. One side of me knew the correct state of mind for me to be in the other side of me was tampered by absurd feelings.

It was as if there were two paths. One path held the spirit of truth and the other was a false path which magnetized me. The false path seemed to be able to exert a pull on me which suctioned my body yet my thoughts were still on the other path. The other path was stability. Going in that route I would be stable and have peace, but the force from the other issue which was full of energy to suck the very life out of me, kept pulling at me.

I wanted to confront this thing which was pulling at me but I did not know how. I felt I had to before it consumed me. My eyes began to fill with tears as I quietly spoke to God to release me from this overwhelming spirit.

I could bear in mind, Hannah speaking from her heart to God, only her lips moved but her voice was not heard. The priest thought she was drunk and told her to put her wine away.

Hannah replied, “No my lord, I am a woman of sorrowful spirit. I have drunk neither wine nor intoxicating drink, but have poured my soul before the Lord.Do not consider your maidservant a wicked woman,” (1Sam 1:15-16).

Eli told her to go in peace and God will grant your request and Hannah went away and was not sad any more, for she knew there was favor in the sight of the priest amongst her (1Sam 1:17-18).

Has your spirit ever been so sorrowful that you felt tugged? Sometimes in life it is as if we are on a roller coaster, being jerked from left to right, going up and down waiting for the ride to end. What do you do to snap out of the grief- stricken mind frame?

Hannah looked as a drunken woman, I felt as an uncanny obsession was coming for me. I imagine Hannah felt out of the ordinary, and in the midst of her feelings she allowed her spirit of faith to speak for her.

Have you ever got so weak that your soul feels like it’s on the urge of cracking? When you get weak do you reach deep down in your soul and allow your spirit of faith to speak for you? Possibly your weakness is a time to direct yourself to your faith. Maybe what you think is crazy is actually your spiritual side fighting your flesh.

Instead of thinking someone is loosing it; speak to God through your weakness. Pray that you trust that God will bring you through and leave you in peace. Ask the Lord to help you have the power of persistence and faith. I pray that in your time of weakness you are able to pray sincerely, earnestly, and specifically to the Lord.

No comments: