Monday, September 29, 2008

Glorify Him Daily

The other day I prepared lunch for the kids to eat and they were so excited about what they were going to eat. One of my youngest sons ran to the table before the food was set on the table and the moment his plate touched the table he eagerly begins to eat.

As I sat the other plates on the table I said to him, stop and say your grace. He looked at his food, looked at me, bowed his head and began to bless his food. God is great, God is good….

Afterwards, my oldest son sluggishly says, “Why do we have to say grace each time we eat?” His sister, in her knows it all tone responds, “Because we are thanking God.”

God is glorious. Each time something occurs in your life it is through the grace of God. “For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen,” (Romans 11:36).

God created man for Him. A man was created through Him and to Him. Everything that man has is because the creator; as a result, our prayers should trace back to God, the provider.

Once a person asked me, do I have to ask God about everything? Every thing recognizes God’s magnificence expect for Satan and human kind.

Satan wants the glory for himself. Many people in the world want the splendor for them self. A top corporation will hire a person because of what they can bring to the table. When the person works at a company, the corporation is getting credit for what the person is doing. When the person leaves the job, everything they brought to the table and how they helped increased the reputation of the company stays at that organization. The person was hired based on what they could do for the company to glorify the company.

Many of us are walking around proud and asking the question what can you do to glorify me? Some of us walk in church asking God, “What can God do to elevate me?”

When my kids see me cleaning I want them to ask me, “what can I do mother to help you.” I don’t want to hear, Mom I need you to take me here or buy me this to endorse my agenda.

I imagine God wants to hear the same thing. He wants us to come to Him and say, “Father what can I do to win someone over to you. What can I do this morning to make you look good, to show off your bling, bling, God what can I do to help?”

Gods’ glory is beyond everything He created. When you receive something, how do you respond? Are you quick to say thank you or ask for a little more? Do you have a heart of thanksgiving asking the Father, “What can I do to elevate the Almighty?

Allow God to open your heart. Pray to the Lord that you recognize His glory. Ask Him to help you consume your self with His brilliance. Pray that each day you glorify His name. For, every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him,” (Isaiah 43:7).

No comments: