Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Glorify Thy Name

I recently had surgery and my body ached. While I was healing I was still determined to write.

Before Jesus died he said, “Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, Father, save me from this hour? But for this purpose I came to this hour,” John 12:27.

Like Jesus, I had become troubled. It seemed as if every aspect of my body was in pain. It hurt for me to sit up straight, to lay on my back hurt and standing up was even more painful. All I wanted was for my pain to go away. In the midst of my pain, I still felt lead to write.

Have you ever been so troubled that you plead for safety? Have ever said God take all my pain away, make all my burdens cease, take me out of this mess? Even though Jesus was troubled He said to God, I don’t want to be going through this, yet it is my purpose, so let your will be done and “glorify thy name”, John 12:28.

It is easy to say God glorify your name when you have food to eat. It is easy to praise God when no bill collectors are calling. God is looking at us in our time of trouble. He is looking to see, if when He asks you to do something will your focus be your condition or will you focus on glorifying His name.

What is your true purpose? If you come short on your house note, if the person you thought was going to be you mate walks out on you, will you still say God let your will be done and glorify thy name. If it hurts for you to walk or stand up straight will you say, God it is my purpose, let your will be done and “glorify thy name."

We all will be tested. God looks at a person’s heart and our actions display our purpose for His calling. Allow God to be your focal point. When it seems your troubles are too heavy give them over to the Lord. Pray to God that He uses you, even though your pain is increasing. Ask God to let His purpose be done, even when your day is not going the way you want. For, “If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small,” (Prov 24:10).

No comments: