Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Face Your Fear

The other day my daughter saw a spider in her room. She ran crying a spider, a spider is in my room. Typically, her younger brother goes to kill the spiders she sees but this time I told him to leave her alone and let her kill the spider herself. She stood there in tears saying, “I’m afraid of the spider.” I told her she had to face her fear.

She pleaded, “Mommy I can’t, and what if it bites me.” My reply was, “What if you kill it.” With her tears and shoe in one hand she went after the spider but when it was over she was cheering of her victory.

As I thought of her issue, I considered David going out before the Philistines. “When the Philistines heard that David had been anointed king over all Israel, they went up in full force to search for him, but David heard about it and went out to meet them,” (1 Chron14:8).

David had a full army looking for him and he went out to them. The size of their army did not concern him, David had confidence. To me this speaks highly of David’s character. He is saying here I am, you don’t have to look for me, here I am.

My daughter’s concern was a spider. David’s dilemma was the Philistines both issues had to be dealt with. Maybe you are in a tight spot in your life today. Perhaps you have to choose to go up against your problem.

Have you been scared to move forward because of its capabilities? Are you looking at yourself to get you through? Or are you seeking God for victory?

Don’t tremble in tears of fears of your issue. Consider asking God to intervene in your situation. Pray to God that you have confidence to take a stand in your situation. Make a request for God to be with you through your storm. For if you seek you shall find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful lesson in "Victory... for I can do all things through, Christ." Those are life lessons that will always be remembered. My oldest son and I laugh about a Life Lesson that I tried to teach him on "Courage, trust in the Lord." When he was about 6 years old, we lived next door to a HUGE, BLACK DOBERMAN, named Hero. Whenever my son would go outside to take out the trash, Hero would bark and ACT like he was going to jump the fence with teeth blazing! Well one day I said, Carl take out the trash. He said, I'm scared! I said, "Just trust God he will go with you." Carl said, "You go with me! I replied, "No, I have to stay with Little Joe. So you go on out and the Lord will go with you and protect you.You can trust HIM."Then CARL said with a smile on his face.
J