Monday, October 27, 2008

Let God

This past summer I felt lead to put a family reunion together. I was pregnant in another state and I was supposed to figure out how to join a group of people that were in bliss with one another. Many were feuding over things another did to them 20 years ago.

Yet, I stayed focus on the task and as a result they joined together. It was a beautiful sight.

Thinking of it now, I am reminded of Noah. God spoke to Noah telling him, “make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out,” (Gen6:14).When he was told to build the ark his condition was: previously, he did not know how to build an ark, there had not been any rain prior, he was to store food for his family and the animals. Additionally, the ark was to be big enough to join all different kinds of animals which under any other circumstance would have been out to eat each other or attack the humans. For this act God made a covenant with Noah (Gen6:18).

Noah like me had a condition and bizarre situation when God set us out to complete a task. For my family it was impossible to join people who had held grudges with each other for so many years. With my pregnancy it was eccentric for me to consider traveling across the state, late in my pregnancy, uncomfortable for 14-16 hours in a car with three children, to join with non-cooperative people.

This task for me was unimaginable. I can only believe for Noah his task was unimaginable. To others he looked like a fool doing something that appeared to be impossible.

As I was planning this task, people told me to forget about it, no one will come, I was told to stop because no one else was helping me, I can just hear the distasteful comments Noah heard when God told him to prepare for the rain. When Noah went out pursuing his task he was full with God’s spirit.

As I sought out to prepare this reunion I was filled with the Holy Spirit. I had to be prayed up every step of the way. Each time a decision was made I sought the Lord. If I came to a time of the unknown I left it in His hands. Before Jesus was betrayed He prayed, “The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one. I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me,” (John17:22-23).

My task was for my family to become one with the Creator. My family had lost touch of Jesus. Many in the world have lost sight that Jesus was sent here so that they may have eternal life.

Has God given you a task this day? Have you been told do a task yet you can’t get beyond your condition? We all have the task of winning souls.

Maybe you keep thinking you can’t do it. Possibly, you are being used so others ma be able to identify that it was the Lord all along. Perhaps you have people telling you it can’t be done, but God. As along as there is but God there is a way.

The story of Noah is beautiful because like my family, all those that were supposed to come joined together. My relatives like the animals were not fussing, instead a father joined with his children who’d after so many years been stricken to see each other. Siblings reunited after the death of the mother. A mother who secluded her self, after her oldest and youngest sons died united with her relatives. A grandmother saw her grandchildren, children’s playing together. Family joined in worship to be reminded of the savior.

Consider yielding yourself to the Father. Leap out on faith because of your situation. Pray to God for strength to simply yield yourself so you can be used by Him. Ask God to lead you today. Call upon to Lord to switch your focus of your condition to nothing but God. For all things are possible through Christ, (Phil 4:13.)

No comments: