Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ask

Sometimes I am at a complete loss about which testimony to share in my writings. I pray to God and wait for His directions because my desire is to write about what is satisfactory to Him.

Interestingly, each time I find myself waiting He is always on time. While waiting, I’ll read my Bible and get an idea that germinates in my head. Once that thought takes root to the scripture I am reading, it evolves from there.

My process of knowing what to write is the same procedure Jesus taught the disciples to pray. “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you,” (Matthew 7:7).

When I get puzzled, I pray to God asking Him for direction as of what to do next. I seek the Word by reading my Bible. Once I get to the scripture God wants me to inflate a thought burst in my mind, and then it is clear as of what to do next.

Are you wondering, “What do I do from here?” Maybe you have been struggling because you lack asking, as a result you don’t receive because you never sought to find. Possibly a change for counsel is in place for your concern.

Are you seeking the Father? Did you consider praying to just hear what God has to say about your situation? Time after time do you find yourself repeating and never moving in the forward position? Have you been riding around in reverse?

Perhaps you should take hold of the steering wheel change gears and ask of God. Pray right now about your situation. Ask God to help you not delay another minute. Call upon the Lord to give you direction and a sense to control the distractions so you may hear His voice. “For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened," (Matthew 7:8).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ONLY God could use you this morning, as God has done for me on several days in the past, to confirm my situation and to lead me to more fervent prayer. I am indeed in the VERY midst of trying situations---- finances, school loan problems, housing, and employment, yet I believe that when the "heat" gets turned up., God is silently delivering. ONLY GOD can get me through ALL of this, and just this morning I chose to sit quietly on the floor and pursue God's voice and will. I earnestly solicit your prayers today and those of any sisterfriends w/ whom you feel led to share.

Thank you for continuously submitting your meditations each morning. So many of them have been a "word" of guidance for me. And by the way, today's scripture of Matt. 7: 7 & 8 is exactly the one God gave me on yesterday morning.
S

Anonymous said...

Keep WRITING....YOU ARE BLESSING THE BODY OF CHRIST.
J

Anonymous said...

I Thank God For You, Jamila Harris And to The Broken Heart Ministry,May The Lord Give You Every Provision And Favor to Touch The Lives Of Thousands, It Is So Needed! May You, Your Family And Ministry Be Blessed (Deut. 1:11).
Past. AS

Jamila said...

I praise God for bringing me this far. After reading ("May the LORD, the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand-fold more than you are and bless you, just as He has promised you!") I was very encouraged. God knows how to feed you so you can stay strong for the journey. Thank you all for sharing your comments, words of inspiration, and for reading the devotionals. I do love you all!

Anonymous said...

Reading this brought tears to my eyes. I can relate to a time where I question does God hear me? Why don't he answer? I would hear from others who said they can hear God speak to them and I thought "liar" Why is that you can hear and I can't? Are you more special than I? I know now if you open your heart "truly" and be "still" you can hear him. I know that God's love for others are no different from the love he has for me. I am seeking the Lord, I want him in my life always. Thank you for this message. Love you.
MAKA