Thursday, October 2, 2008

Stop Disrespecting

After I had my second child, I felt God called me to write for the building of the kingdom. I had no training as of how to write from a biblical stand point; as a result, I felt it wasn’t for me. I believed I never had time to write and my life was controlled by everything my children needed of me. In addition, I didn’t think I knew enough to write anything about God. To answer the call of writing for Him was not the most simple task.

Young Isaiah had as difficult time answering the call of the Lord. It took an act of God to change Isaiah’s mind and direction (Isaiah 6:6-8), for he made many excuses. As Isaiah made excuses, all along he was disrespecting God.

When I found it difficult to write and made excuses as of why I couldn’t write, I was disrespecting the Lord.

Isaiah saw the Lord and all His glory. “And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke,” (Isaiah 6:4). Gods’ glory made the door shake. The house filled with smoke by His splendor.

Isaiah said he was not worthy for he was unclean. He said his eyes had seen the king and now that he had seen all His glory he could not be compared to God. He believed because he was so flawed that he couldn’t commit to his calling. But after the holy angel touched him, Isaiah was cleaned, “your iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged,” (Isaiah 6:7).

It was then, Isaiah heard from voice of the Lord and Isaiah replied, “Here I am Lord, send me,” (Isaiah 6:8).

Many of us rebel against the Lord and wonder, “when will I get my chance.” However, those that rebel fail to see that they are disrespecting God.

Are you disrespecting the Lord today? Maybe you rebel because you don’t feel worthy. Perhaps you can’t register your extent of disrespect, so you keep saying ‘No’ to the Lord.

Don’t allow your sense of undeserving to disrespect the Lord. Allow the Lord to cleanse you of your iniquity. Call upon the Lord to purge you of your sin, so you may hear His voice. Pray to God that you stop making excuses. Pray that you become worthy in the sight of the Lord so you can say, Here I am Lord, send me. For, “once you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, but now Jesus has reconciled,” (Col 1:21-22).

No comments: