Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stop Confusion

A few years ago, I went to my husband and said, “I want to get my book published.” I was happy and he said, "Great do it." I called a few companies and I was impressed with the superior package they offered. When they start talking about the fee it was as if all confusion set in. I went back to tell my husband hoping he could give me clarity. He told me my issue was I was leaping too far; I had to crawl before I walked and I became upset. I only wanted what I wanted, even though I was confused along the way.

This scenario brings to mind the story of the “Tower of Babel”. They said to each other, "Come, let's make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."

“But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other," (Gen 11:3-7).

No matter how high a person thinks they are your elevation never supersedes the Lord. God came down to see the tower they were building. When He came down he brought confusion with Him so they could not complete their task.

When I was talking to the publishing company about publishing my book several years ago confusion came about. The guy laid out a quote and because I could only see that superior package being the way to go, I was put down in my steps. It was not meant for me to go such route and confusion came about.

When the men built a tower God interrupted their plan. Have you had any of your plans interrupted by God? Does it seem as if when you feel like your getting closer you tumble further back? These men that were building a tower were only thinking of making a name for them self. Their blue print was not in line with Gods’ blue print.

What does your blue print say? Is your outline in line with the will of God is it self-determining of God?

Consider humbling yourself and let God take control. Ask God what is your purpose here on earth. Pray to God to forgive you for being arrogant, and pushing His will aside. Call upon the Lord to use you. Ask him to help you focus on elevating Him, using His blue print and not yours. It is when we submit to His will then we can complete the task we were designed for.

No comments: