Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stop Aborting Me

The other day my pastor was speaking about abortions. He said, "Church folk commit spiritual abortions on other church folk daily.” Perhaps you are saying, "Oh no,"but I can relate. Possibly you will also.

His comment jogged my memory, to when I was teaching at one church in a certain area and I was placed in another area. No one explained why. As a result I discontinued teaching at that church.

I was offended it was as if the church folk at that church went inside me and snatched what I knew God called me to do.

Each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or cause to fall in our brother’s way,”(Rom 14:12-13).

When I was moved with no explanation nothing was resolved. My stumbling block was so high I couldn’t figure this area of my life. For a while, I felt less of a person. I start feeling I should stop serving at that particular church. In time, I was teaching at another church. I never could understand what occurred at the church I stopped teaching at. My calling to teach was killed with no explanation. I viewed myself not worthy to do the work of the Lord. Had we talked the situation out I believe things would have been resolved. Instead, I felt judged by church folk.

Is that not how the abortion works? The baby begins to grow and before the baby can truly form into a baby the aborting kills the child, with no explanation. Perhaps the mother walks around in despair not understanding that area in her life, feeling less of a woman, less worthy to one day be a mother, feeling judged.

She might even start a relationship with another to get her back on path to being a complete person. No one knows what the person who had the abortion thinks or feels. No one knows what the child would have been when aborting occurs, but God.

What is your view of abortion? Have you only considered abortion as of killing a child? A child is a gift from God, just as the talents He gives you upon birth. Is abortion not, snatching the life out of someone, destroying what God created that could have been?

People are always going to talk about you, judge you and reject you; however, did they not reject Jesus. Maybe you feel spiritually aborted of your gift. Perhaps you have left one church because someone offended you, a friend or family member. Or you did the aborting.

Consider not questing serving God because of how someone has treated you. Our God can restore you and stop the aborting. God can deliver you from bloodguiltiness (Ps 51 : 14).Ask God to shake the dust from your feet. Rely on God to hinder the aborting of your servitude, of your worshiping, of your gift. Pray to the lord that you keep serving Him in spite of what others might say or do? Call upon the Lord to give you a heart of forgiving. Don’t let the rocks out shout you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know we even commit abortions on ourselves when we stifle what GOD has given us only to lose the gift or suppress it unto non usefulness man i am trying to stand or prop myself up and be an effective lwitness and leader for CHRIST and yet satan tries to block every good work GOD wants to do THROUGH us

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear. We can't please everyone; Our focus should be on pleasing God. We all have skeletons in our closet, so how can we judge. What is the scripture? "How can you talk about the speck in the eyes of others when you have a speck in your own eye" When we feel shameful about something, we should take it to God and "Let him have it!!!!" If we go day to day carrying the burden of what we done you'll miss out on your blessing God has in store for you. Love you. MAB