Friday, October 3, 2008

He Is Glorious

The other day I was thinking of when I went to the Grand Canyon. My first thought was look at this huge rock. When I looked at it the other day it was more than a huge rock.It was a piece of art, each indention from the highest peak to the lowest was strategically patterned with some of the most flawless colors. As the sun hit the canyon each area was illuminated.

This is one of the most inspiring, powerful landscapes. The site of it overwhelms ones senses. Its river flows 277 miles long, up to 18 miles wide and a mile deep. It is a magnificent piece of work that only could have been created by a brilliant creator. It only gives a glimpse of how splendor our heavenly Father is.

The New Testament tells us how glorious our heavenly Father is. “The city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb,” (Rev 21:24).

God is light all by him self. When we get to heaven there will be no need to worry about paying your electricity bill, because just as God created a mother to naturally have milk for a baby, He provides light for us.

God deserves to be glorified for all about Him, through Him and to Him is superb.

Many are facing various troubles in the world today. Maybe you know someone who has lost their job, lost a loved one. Perhaps you are battling to keep your home each person has a story but it does not refute the glory of our Father. We have access to His glory. When you feel like you need to escape, escape in the Lord. When your troubles seem to be gaining weight upon you, praise God to the highest.

Folgers has nothing on starting your day with being in the presence of the Lord. Consider starting each day by asking the Lord, how can I represent you today? Pray to God that you are consumed with His presence. Ask the Lord to take each storm that comes your way. Call upon His name to fill you with His glory. For when the hour comes it is most vital that we are able to say, “I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do,” (John 17:4).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needed this word today. Most of the time I'm able to handle every and any thing that may come my way. Yesterday was a hard day for me and I nearly had a break down. As women we have a unlimited list of things to do each and every day. Especially if we have children.

In the mist of it all I did not end up in the nut house because of my faith and my will to be a whole person for myself and my family. In that second I seperated myself from what was making it worse and was able to get it together. I know this victory is only by his grace and love.

Jamila said...

I needed this word today myself. Every day I look around something is happening in my life and I think this is a devotional. I see more and more that I am able to do what He wants me to do because he gives me pours more in my heart to write about. It is so easy for us to fall back and forget how glorious our Father really is. I praise Him for giving this word to me. I am grateful that it touched you.