Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Be Consumed With His Spirit

As I fell asleep last night I was disturbed about a situation. I awoke tense about my problem and sensed the heaviness coming on. As the heaviness began to creep upon me more, I was partially consumed with my issue. I turned on my praise and worship music and just sat.

I began to repeat the words…
Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that you’re my God…

The negative energy attempting to override my soul began to diminish. I continued…
You’re all together lovely, all together worthy, all together wonderful to me…

I repeated this stanza over and over and the music began healing the heaviness in my heart. As I focused on how worthy my God is to be praised, how lovely and wonderful He is, it gave me pleasure.

I could cry now, I could pray for a friend in martial bliss, pray for a friend that is missing a child, pray for blessing me with a beautiful healthy child. I could pray and the heaviness just continued to go away.

I meditated over what Jesus said, “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you,” (Mat 5:11-12).

I prayed the psalm, “Hear my prayer, O LORD; let my cry come to you! Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress! Incline your ear to me; answer me speedily in the day when I call! For my days pass away like smoke," (Psm102:1-3).

Afterwards, I continued listening to praises and say, “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. The LORD works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed,” (Psm 103:1-6).

I no longer was consumed with my problems but filled with His Spirit. You might have awakened with no problems. You might have fallen asleep overjoyed, I wasn’t.

Perhaps you know someone that had a difficult day yesterday. Maybe you are having a tough time today. I encourage you to take this time to praise and worship Our Lord. Pray for another and plant a seed for you are not the only one going through. If you are finding it hard to lift up the Lord in praise or even pray, ask the Lord to fill your heart with praises, so you may be able to praise Him. Let your consumption of problems be emptied and your heart be filled with praise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen we often times get consumed with our problems and tend to want to have a pity party not good at all because it just takes longer to deal with rather let GOD have it so the quicker you can be comforted and rejoice

Jamila said...

All things work together for His good according to His will, (Romans 8:28). Those that are called, that are His children are covered. We may not understand, or even see how things can work together but it is not for us to understand yet it is for us to lean not to our own understanding, acknowledge Him, as He directs our path,(Proverbs 3:5-6).