Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Don't Complain

Recently, I went to open house at my children’s school. I was at 38 weeks pregnant in a crowd with one child that wanted to run to the left, another child wanted to hop to the right and other child that socialized with everyone. I could not move too fast because my body just wouldn’t go.

In my mind I kept telling myself, “I’m the helpmeet, as my flesh reminded me, I needed a helpmeet.” As my flesh reminded me of wanting my husband to do the task I was doing, I had to choose to tell myself, “I am the helpmeet.”

Believers complain about their adversity but there should be something to remind you that what you are going through not to the degree of persecution of Christ.

“Consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself; lest you ye be wearied and faint in mind,” (Heb 12:3). Consider the one that endured such disputes, disobedience of sinners against him, but you are worried and tired in your mind. How dare we not remember our savior that did not give up even when the people he was set out to save were disobedient sinners.

When you are facing adversity, do you wish it was someone else? Do you remember the blood that Jesus shed?

Ask God to help you recall the suffering on the cross, which was sacrificed for you. Ask the Lord to cease you from complaining and thanking Christ for being the Christ? For complaining is not pleasant unto the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its always a good reminder when we think on JESUS sufferings compared to our temporary troubles here on earth and for those who have committed ther lives to the Lord can rest and have assurance in the fact that the light affliction of this present time shall not be compared to the glory which shall be revealed

Anonymous said...

Good morning! Pray all is well and I thank you for the devotional.
This devotional actually opened my eyes to my husbands approach to what I say. He does listen to what I say and when I stop for air (Lol) he actually replies. The frustration of us not always agreeing is the hurdle.
I must pray that I speak those things that God would have me to share and not my weak flesh and in hearing God, trusting that he will open my husbands ears to what I am saying and what the Lord's will is for the given situation.

Thanking God in advance for his mercy and grace,
Tessie