Friday, August 15, 2008

Tend To The Least First

A family was buying a home and certain things occurred and made it impossible for them to continue living in this home. Eventually, they moved to another house but this time they had to rent the home.

While renting the home the family had to be more careful to not destroy the house. When you rent something you always have to be more careful because you know if you mess it up you have to pay for what you break.

“If you have been faithful in what is another man’s who will give you what is our own,” (Luke 16:12).

When you have something that belongs to another person are you faithful to take care of it? Do you tend to it with the highest respect?

As a child my grandmother had a silver plate brush set. She would tell me when I get older I can have it. Yet she would let me brush her hair with it and she taught me how to clean it as a child.

When I was young I could not take care of the brush set. I would not have valued it because of not knowing it’s a certain way to take care of a silver plate brush set.

My grandmother knew I wasn’t ready to have the brush set so she trained me to know how to take care of it first. Is God training you to take care of something? Are you treating the least of what you have as a gift from God? Are you asking for more and not taking care of the least?

Consider taking care of what you have. Ask God to help you appreciate and tend to the least of what you have so you may be blessed with much. Our faithfulness is what directs us to our blessings. When we lack being faithful to the least why must we ask for much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen sister i believe in this wholeheartedly even the family that GOD has put in my life they belong to him and i thank him daily for them and desire to be a good steward over them and the tools he has allowed us to use