Wednesday, August 6, 2008

When Prayer Is Heard

After the tears and the prayer the other day I was reassured when I woke up that God had it all in His hands. As I drove to the doctors’ office I listened to uplifting songs which encouraged me to lift our Father up in the hard times. I start feeling more and more empowered and I recalled that I am protected by God’s power.

I knew everything was alright. After the doctor checked what was wrong a week ago was no longer a problem. I was so thrilled, I called my husband instantly. The prayers were heard and the request was met.

The bible tells of the story of Hannah, “She, greatly distressed, prayed to the LORD and wept bitterly, (1 Sam 1:10). She made a vow and said, "O LORD of hosts, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not forget Your maidservant, but will give Your maidservant a son, then I will give him to the LORD all the days of his life, and a razor shall never come on his head," (1 Sam 1:11).

Hannah was in distress when she cried angrily to the Lord. I was like Hannah, when I prayed to the Lord prior to receiving the good news that all was okay with the baby. He heard my request and met the prayer.

When you are uncertain of how your life is, do you get mad and pray to God? Do you ball your fist at the Lord and ask why? What ever situation you are going through that might be causing you distress, consider if He honored Hannah’s request He can do the same for you.

Know that God will answer your prayers and for that we should rejoice in good times and in bad times because we are protected by His power. Ask Him to tell you the words to say to Him. Pray that He directs you to those to pray over you so your prayer is heard and met.

No comments: