Monday, August 4, 2008

Let Not Troubles, Stop Your Prayer Request

Yesterday was not a good day for me. Every corner I turned there was a problem. I was consumed with the thought that I would be just fine, yet after speaking to one dear to me, I could not stop crying. It hurt to cry because I felt so weak. I was so weak that the words for me to pray would not come out.

I thought of my pastor and I wasn’t sure if I would call on him to pray on my behalf. I was considering his condition and his changes in his life and did not want to be a burden. But as I spoke to my loved one, he reminded me that sometimes we have to call on others to pray for our specific needs. I soon contacted my pastor and his words helped still my heart.

God desires for us to, “live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness," (I Timothy 2:1-2).

When we find our self with destruction at each corner of our life we are not to sink in a hole and not call out to the Lord. At such time you should be encouraged to call on someone to lift you up in prayer. I was not at peace keeping my troubles to myself. I was too caught up thinking of my pastors’ changes in his life and not considering his role as my pastor, to have him pray for me.

I don’t know what you do when you come to a road of danger? Maybe you attempt to stick it out with great hopes that you can see your way through. You may know to call a friend when your heart is weak and you can’t get the words out. God instructs that "requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone," (I Tim. 2:1).

Don’t allow your troubles to stop you from asking others to pray for you. Don’t hinder your request to your pastor when you are in need of prayer. Find it in your heart to find someone who will be compassionate, as Christ and pray for you (Matt. 9:36). As you team up with others to pray be persistent, with your prayer (Acts 12:5; James 5:17). For God wants us to, “cast our anxiety on Him because He cares for you," (I Peter 5:7).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that reminds me of the time when i was instructed to contact my pastor and i obeyed even though he was not there someone interceded on his behalf to assist me in my prayer request, how lightly we take prayer in the time of need, 1 Tim 1;1 says that men always ought to pray and not lose heart

Jamila said...

Thank you. I was blessed by my pastors comments and the fact that He quickly responded to my prayer request. I questioned myself about asking for prayer from my pastor and others when I should not have. God always has someone positioned to pray for us and that is what we have to mindful of, for Jesus prays for us all the time.