Monday, August 25, 2008

Let The Filtering Begin

The other day I was thinking of the last trail I experienced. It was when my emotions were in rare form. I was sensitive to everything. I would feel like crying and the next minute feel like yelling. My emotions were so out of control that I couldn’t be happy for being mad.

As I thought a little more, I thought of what helped me take control of my emotions. I recited scripture.

After having a child, I have been in a fragile state; yet, still I have been tested. As I am being tested I am able to say with confidence, I am protected by God’s grace.

I can think of Job saying, “But He knows the way I take, When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold,” (Job 23:10).

Have you ever considered why we have test and trails? What do test prove? How do trails change us?

Job was being tested but He knew that His God was still protecting Him through the test. This was a time that Job’s emotions could have taken charge but His faith took charge.

When God refines us He is making us pure. God’s objective is to make us more like Christ. Each test is to demonstrate your ability to be more Christ like. Each trail is to answer, “What would Jesus do.”

How is your life today? Are you being raddled from left to right? Are you struggling to be happy from being mad?

Maybe you are not recognizing that God knows the way you take. As God test you He is refining you, making sure that all impurities come out.

Job knew that with God testing him he would come forth as gold. When gold is refined all impurities are processed, until it is pure gold.

God desires for you to be released of impurities. Do you want to be pure? Ask God to refine you. Pray that you are open to His test so you may be pure. For God predestined, “us to be conformed to the image of his Son,” (Rom 8:29).

3 comments:

ShawBK said...

Good Morning, Jamilla

Thanks for sharing, I plan to start this week with a positive filtering. There are power in words and today's post spoke directly to me. Thanks again, for adding me to your distribution.

Bryan

Jamila said...

Hello Bryan,
I am excited to know your week will start on a positive note. I am most grateful that the devotional spoke directly to you. I pray that your filtering from God is ignited and you are open to him purifying you according to His will.

Anonymous said...

refining me he is full of trials everyday it is a spiritual warfare but greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world