Monday, November 10, 2008

Confidently Pray

Lately, I have had a concern and have been uncertain of which option to pursue. A month ago, I was not pressured about my issue because I knew there was still time. It is now approaching a month before my deadline and anxiety has been floating in the atmosphere. I spoke with a friend and she reminded me to pray.

As I prayed about the situation indecisiveness was still hanging about. That night I dreamt of the issue and in the dream everything was wonderful and excitement came over me. I then issued a pray of thanksgiving. Though I do not have the answer now, I am more encouraged and have not lost sight of receiving an answer from the Lord.

My prayer carried my attention to praying without ceasing. My interest was directed to the scripture

“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”

When I prayed to God about my concern initially I was fine. I knew God will take care of it. However, as my deadline approached time became my focal point. My dream reminded me to keep praising the Lord with high praise; my friends request was to prevent me from loosing assurance because everything will be wonderful.

Have you had a problem and you did not know what to do? What form of action have you taken towards your concern? When you pray for something, do you praise the Lord? Do you know that the request that aligns with His will shall be granted?

Maybe you have started to feel overwhelmed because time is ticking. Perhaps you have been praying about the same thing over and over again. “When you pray, do not babble vain words, as the nations. For they think that in their much speaking they shall be heard” (Matthew 6:7).

Do not loose confidence in our Lord. When pressure knocks at your door, don’t let it in. Ask the Lord to give you reassurance. Pray to God that you continue to praise His name, no matter the deadline. Call upon the Lord to take you by the hand and calm you, “for your Father knows what things you have need of, before you ask Him”(Matthew 6:8).

No comments: