Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Decently and Orderly

When I was an investigative reporter my Editor would give me assignments. I would work diligently to complete every story she assigned me. Occasionally, the Publisher would come in the office and issue a story he wanted the paper to cover. The Editor would then interrupt the itinerary that I had in motion and send me out to cover the Publisher’s request.

I did not always like leaving in the middle of a story I started but I never gave that impression to the Editor or Publisher.

Sometimes my husband comes home and interrupts the itinerary I have in motion. I will have scheduled to clean a certain room in the house and he will make mention of a certain area not being intact. Then there are times he might come home early because instead of eating the dinner I prepared he wants to go out to eat. The goal is to give off the same impression that I did when I was an investigative reporter.

As I thought more of this situation it jogged my memory to the scripture “let us make man in our own image, and after our likeness: and let them have dominion” Gen: 26.

God has given us a leadership position. Additionally, God has given us a ladder of order (1 Corinthians 14:40). “Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:3). All of us are under an authority structure, no one is exempt.

In the mentioned scenario, I am the Editor he is the Publisher. The Editor makes sure the flow of the paper is in order. They are to create schedules, issue assignments to reporters, appoint deadlines for stories to be completed, gather more stories for the next paper, consider more ways to make money for the paper with interaction with advertisement team and still make the meetings with the Publisher.

When the Publisher has a request the Editor must adjust the schedules to make sure the Publishers stories are posted. At times the Publishers stories are tied in with money being accumulated for the publication. The Publisher works outside the company but closely with the Editor. They make sure money is always available for the functioning of the paper.

What is your view of your relationship with your spouse? Are you falling under the authority structure of Christ? Have you implemented a new arrangement of authority?

Possibly you should evaluate Gods order. Pray that the Lord humble you so you may be open to His structure. Ask the Lord to help you find pleasure in the Lord’s way. Call upon the Lord that all things be done decently and in order (1 Corinthians 14:40).

No comments: