Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Forgotten

My children have been sick for several weeks. I took them to their doctor twice; prayed about their health and continued to do all I was directed to do to help them get better. It appeared that they were getting worse and my thought process was not functioning well due to lack of rest. I continued to pray but felt my prayers weren’t enough.

Another week approached and my children continued in their sickness. 9pm came and I thought, “I have to call my pastor but the children kept crying.” Finally, 11pm arrived and the children were settling down. However, right before midnight one woke up yelling in pain. I held my child attempting to calm him down. I picked up my phone while cradling him and called my pastor, requesting prayer. Immediately, I told him what was wrong with them and he prayed.

The morning came and one was smiling. I went to my computer and played the song, “This is the day, that the Lord has made” and sang praises to God.

One of my other children ear was hurting him badly. He cried and I prepared to go to a doctor. It was Saturday so my husband looked for another doctor’s office that was open. He found one and we were on our way.

At last we saw the doctor; before we left, the doctor had a box which held strips of scripture on it. She offered one to my son but he was in too much pain to reach for one. My daughter reached inside pulled out a scripture and read it aloud.

“This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24). I smiled knowing He had healed my child. As we headed home another pastor called us on the cell phone and prayed about the children.

Later on the after noon, all my children were laughing and playing. I was so excited. The next day my pastor preached from the scripture Matthew 15:23-25.

“But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me”.

This scripture is speaking about a lady that was trying to get Jesus’ attention. She kept on until she got a response from the Lord. She did not give up because she was told to go away. Jesus answered her saying “unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour” (Matthew 15:28).

When my children were sick I kept on praying. As things got worse I called on more people to pray. I kept on bugging the Lord about healing my children.

The Lord expects us to unrelentingly call on Him. He wants to know that when push comes to shove we won’t give up. Sometimes He will delay our prayer request just to see how we will respond.

Some of you might feel like God has forgotten about your prayer request. Many of you have stopped being persistent and given up. Others are just waiting. Pray to the Lord to keep His promise. Call on a friend and ask them to pray to the Father to give you healing where there is pain. Shout to the Lord to give you what is needed because He promised you. Ask the Lord to cradle you in His arms this very hour and restore you today. For you are not forgotten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God, when prayers go up Blessings always come down. I used to feel like I was bugging God when I kept asking for the same thing over and over, but I finally realized that God love it when we come to him for everything. Its just like being a parent, we love it when our kids come to us with concerns and help. As a parent we are always willing to lend a helping hand. God is our
Father......so, everyone listen up, talk to our father and ask for directions, talk to our father and thank him for all of the blessings that he has given us. Even when things appear to be weary and lost thank him for allowing us to have a sane mind to witness something is wrong... God is so good.