Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Do You Understand?

A man had been preparing for ministering yet he went to a funeral to say goodbye to a close one. While at the funeral his car was broken in and his wife’s purse was stolen. He was disappointed, not understanding what is going on in his life. “It is the beginning of a new year and it starts off on the rocks,” he thought.

This man attempted to prepare for ministering yet the obstacle of his car being broken in was heavy on his mind. He even broke down and broke his fast. As a result his preparation was postponed. He continued on several days later and still this heaviness was upon him and his systematizing concept was slowly falling out of order.

His day that God would use him was approaching and I imagine this man was still wondering “Why am I being attacked in such way? He probably thought “Is my best not good enough? Do you see what I am going through, Lord?”

I think as he thought of the money it would take to fix his problem, he felt alone. Perhaps he could do no more and needed strength to make it through.

But in the midst of his preparation and dilemma, I believe God was telling him “I understand my son. You are not alone. Your best is best.” I envision God telling him “move one more step, it’s only one more day, for you are preparing but I am preparing you for me. I understand my son.”

My mind is captured of Jesus crying on the cross before God. He said to the Father “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning” (Psalm 22:1)?

Jesus was saying to the Father, Daddy, I am calling on you, but where are you, you’re not answering me. I called you late in the midnight hour but my God you were only silent.

You the greatest I Am, You the Almighty, You King of all kings whom our fathers have trusted and you delivered them. Oh my Father, why are you so distant from me. You saved them my Lord and they trusted you and had no disappointment.

“But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by men and despised by the people” (Psalm 22:6).

They are laughing at me because I trust in you and you say not a word. “But you, O LORD, be not far off; O my Strength, come quickly to help me” (Psalm 22:19).

I can see Jesus on the cross weeping to the Father. Then as I turn I glance at this man preparing to minister, I see him being beat up by the world. I see the lions roaring to take his identity in Christ, to steal his very focus of the Lord.

Have you ever felt like all you did for the Lord, was no good? Did you ever say to God, do you understand? Can you hear my cry? Maybe God is telling you “one more day my child; one more step for I am preparing you for my will.” Possibly your obstacle is merely a test, to get you in line with His plan.

Meditate on changing your focus to the Lord. Don’t ask yourself “what is wrong with me?” Consider praying to the most High to deliver your life from the sword (Psalm 22:18). Ask the Lord to rescue you from the mouth of the lions; save you from the horns of the wild oxen (Psalm 22:20-21). So you then will proclaim praises to His majesty name.

No comments: