Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Try Him

As I sit in deep thought of you my Lord, I search you and there you are. I have tried you for myself and I know you. I know you as compassionate, for when my grandmother was dying you waited, just for me. I know you as a great teacher, for when I have no clue you design the course just for me. I know you as a healer, for when my mind was slipping you fetched it in place. I know you are love, for when I was rejected by many you stood there loving me.

I know that you understand, for when I did not understand your ways, you waited until I did. I know that you are my hero, for you always rescue me from harm. I know you as a provider, for when it seems it’s not enough you stretch it to take care of all my needs. I know so much about my Lord. I know God for myself.

Each day I seek you, there you are. No one could make me doubt my Lord because there is too much I know about Him. Every time I need Him, He is there before the need is needed. I have tried Him and there is no one like Him. With Him life gets better and better. Even when struggles come my way, life is still a delight because there, I still have life for with Him, life is ever lasting.

I remember when I did not know much about God. I have always known of Him but I never met with Him in the morning to get to know Him for myself. I never called on Him in the midnight hour and tried Him for myself. As seasons have passed my faith has increased. I have learned so much from the best, the Lord, Almighty.

One of the great things about God is as we try Him, He tries us. “For You have tried us, O God; You have refined us as silver is refined” (Psalm 66:10). As He tries us we do get wiser and better. We go from running from Him to pleading for His guidance, “Correct me, O LORD, but with justice; Not with Your anger or You will bring me to nothing” (Jeremiah 10:24).

As you reflect upon yourself my friend, I ask that you be honest. Appreciate what you are no longer and strive to be more like Christ. Ask God to cleanse you this day. Pray to know God in a different way. Call upon the Lord to know Him in a more intimate way for you shall be refreshed, refined and impressed with what the Lord will do.

No comments: