Monday, January 5, 2009

Needing Him

The hours are growing to the day that God will use me in a mighty way. It is strange because I am so in shock with what the Lord is doing with me. If I could step out of me I would look at me…staring and say to myself,” Wow, how you have grown…I would say “Wow, how you have learned to depend on Him …If I could step out of me.

Though I wrestle with sleep and wake up in heaviness, I wonder am I doubting you my Lord, am I trusting you my Lord, am I obeying you Lord. I get out the bed and praise Him, praise Him for giving me strength to see a new day, praise Him for keeping His promises, praise Him for using me and I stand before Him while the house is still quiet and I stretch my arms to Him, needing Him, knowing I can’t do it all by myself, needing Him right now.

I know He has done so much for me. When I search His credibility record He has restored relationships that have been broken. He has healed my children and me when sick. He has given my clarity in my mind when I was loosing it all. I know even when I look at myself and see how I have grown I still need Him, I need Him, yes I need Him.

I can stand here and say here I am Lord, take me; but, I must be clear and let Him know I can’t do this without Him.

As I study His word, scripture reminds me to “Give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore. Remember his marvelous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth; (Psalm 105:1-5).

God is calling many to go out in the by ways but as He calls He wants you to remember your need of Him. It is suppose to seem impossible, for why would all things be possible with Christ, (Philippians 4:13). As the seconds grows to hours, hours grow to days in the midst of keeping up with the “to do list” remember needing Him. You remembering Him keeps you from boasting in yourself. You needing Him displays your reliance upon Him strengthening your faith.

What He has called of you your understanding can’t fathom alone nor handle alone. Jesus comes to us saying "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).

I know I am not alone. I know there is someone else that feels resting seems impossible. Are you carrying a load as He is commissioning you? Are you pulling while pressing? Jesus is saying come to me.

Don’t continue feeling alone. Don’t neglect the one calling you to reflect and call on Him. Pray to Him and give Him your burdens. Call upon the Lord and tell Him you need Him at this moment, right now. Allow no more time to flow before you say I need you Lord, I need you Lord.

No comments: