Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Trust Him...?

Yesterday, my daughter came to me saying, “Mommy this girl in my class, no one likes her but me. The class said they will not be my friend because I am her friend.” I asked my daughter “has your friend ever done anything to hurt you?” “No she is very nice and she always helps me when no one else will,” she replied.

I told her you have to make a decision, “Are you going to allow the others to tell you she can’t be your friend or will you stand by her side as she as been your friend, when others weren’t so nice to you?”

She thought about it a bit more and said, “Mommy I think I should be her friend and not worry about what others say. She is nice to me and God would want me to be nice to her.”

Relationships can be tricky. When I consider the relationships in my life I have to always ask God is this relationship for just a season or a life time. I believe all that comes in my life is for Gods purpose. There are times that I am displayed as the testimony and then there are times that God uses the other as evidence that He is Almighty.

When determining your role and if a person is heaven sent we should reflect upon the person’s character as my daughter did, not our assumptions. Focusing on their character will draw you to their heart. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7b).

To analyze the heart we must understand the importance of our hearts to the Father. "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life" (Proverbs 4:23). The Lord views your heart as the center of your being. I believe when Jesus said "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." Jesus was saying, once you allow Him access to every part of your life, your mind, your will and emotions then He can purify you so you may see more of Him.

Until we give the Father that access we will continue not seeing what God is doing for us, and lack surrendering ourselves to be used for His glory.

When our hearts are contaminated with yoke and consequences of wrongdoing we are not able to see God. Those with tainted thoughts or motives are able of display godliness behavior… however, cannot be blessed until their actions and heart aligns with pleasing the Father instead of themselves.

Today, God is sending people in your life to uplift you through the hard times, to help push you through the struggle and you dare to stand in His face and say I don’t trust you. When you run away those that God send; you are not only saying I don’t only trust the one He sent but you say to God I don’t Trust you.

You say to God I can’t accept you as a true friend because I can’t stop from believing what is familiar for me to believe. I can’t stop from believing that you would send someone to love me unconditionally no matter my faults. I don’t believe you would send someone to forgive me when I mess up. Each time you allow the enemy to dwell within your mind and think false things towards someone He has sent to you to sharpen you, you let the enemy win.

Satan is in a corner laughing at you because you keep flicking off those that God sends to you, because you will not make a decision to Trust Him.

Instead of doubting the Lord, make a decision to trust Him. Pray to God when He says I am here, that you believe Him. Pray when God says “It is alright” you do not doubt Him. Call upon the Lord that you believe what He says because He is I Am, He is El Shadi, sufficient for all needs, He is a way maker, He is Jehovah Ropheka, a healer, Jehovah Shalom, peace, He is Love so Trust Him. Make a decision today; don’t go on any longer doubting the Father and Trust Him, right now Trust Him, Trust Him.

No comments: