Friday, January 23, 2009

Rejection

During my life I have had many years of feeling rejected. I experienced many relationships that I was rejected from. I worked for several companies that I was rejected from. I even attended a church that rejected me. Through my walk of rejection I have learned so much.

Rejection is ejecting what is given. Some things are naturally automatically ejected because the two don’t click. When ejection takes place at times we are refusing the blessing, the miracle of the Lord.

I had many doors slammed in my face as a result I start rejecting my own self. I began doubting myself as a person. This process hindered me from blossoming and being a blessing to anyone else. I was the weed in my own garden.

As I consider this walk of rejection I think of Jesus being rejected from His own people, in His own hometown. He began to “teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get these things? What is the wisdom given to him? How are such mighty works done by his hands? Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him. And Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor, except in his hometown and among his relatives and in his own household." And he could do no mighty work there, except that he laid his hands on a few sick people and healed them. And he marveled because of their unbelief” (Mark 6:1-6).

I imagine Jesus was hurt by His own people not being supportive of Him. I can see Him saying “what more must I do to get you to believe in me?” After He pondered over his people’s unbelief, He moved on. These people that surrounded Him was weighing Him down. He could not perform miracles where there was no faith.

There will be people who don’t agree with the very mission God sent you towards. There will be people that misjudge you but you have to keep your eyes on the Father to continue the mission of the Lord.

Do you get upset when you are rejected? Do you try to explain yourself in hopes that they will receive you? Consider not making a fuss, when others reject you, pray that the Father forgives them; for they are rejecting the one that sent you.

Jesus did not go on and on trying to make people from His hometown believe Him. He quietly left. Jesus wants us to understand that faith plus faith magnifies; however, when one of faith and one with no faith dwell the faith weakens.

Don’t think it is something wrong with you because someone is rejecting you. When you are lead to do something because it is what the Father asks of you, be slow to anger. Pray to God to blind you from focusing on the rejection. Call upon the Lord to have you channel yourself upon the most High. For He will direct you to places you’ve never seen and open doors beyond your imagination.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. God has a plan for all of his children;If only we would trust in him totally. I like many don't accept rejection well. I am so glad that God does not reject us. Jamila I can so relate to this message. Sometimes I do not do what I am call to do, there is so much fear of rejection. I reject myself before others. I need to be in constant prayer. Thank you for this message. Love you.

Jamila said...

Marsha,
We all will face rejection just as Christ. But like Christ we have victory. I thank God for blessing your heart with this writing.