Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Keep Moving

I have been working on my next endeavor and my daughter has being paying close attention to my every move. She amazes me because she is only 8 years old and she has so much tenacity. She came to me one day handing me this itinerary with much personality saying “this is what I want to be said at the opening of my conference.”

I was in awe but thought she can’t be serious. I smiled saying okay. Yesterday, she asked me about picking a date and a song to be sung to have her very own conference. I knew that moment the Lord gave her determination to pursue something to such a capacity for a 8 year old.

This morning as she awoke, she was still talking about her conference. She decided a date and said she would call a location to see if it was available. All I could say to her is "you have such childlike faith." She asked me to help her scheduling the conference. She did her part and I thought it would be most beneficial, for me to help push her as she is taking such an initiative in her life.

I considered her having childlike faith because her level of trust, and hope in knowing this can be done. She trusts my husband and I to make sure all things are possible. She has undoubting hope that it is already done.

For this I am amazed and reminded that we should have trust and hope that our heavenly Father will make all things possible. We should see the world as exiting as a child and worth pursuing.

As believers of Christ we have victory, if there are no if’s among us God will allow many miracles to occur. “Jesus said, "If? There are no 'ifs' among believers. Anything can happen" (Mark 9:23).

How are you displaying childlike faith? Are you moving on His word and trusting Him as you trust yourself to move closer to your calling? Are you doing what seems impossible with a heart of excitement?

Perhaps you keep telling yourself, I have to wait until I get the money? Maybe you say I have to wait until my appearance is on point? Possibly you tell yourself I am not worthy of such task. Yet, before you were even formed you were created to do the one thing God is calling you to do with what you have.

By faith all things are possible. There is value in our faith among anything else. It is the most important thing we have. When Abraham was tested, offered up Isaac. He was acting in faith, he was ready and willing to return the promises and offered up his only begotten son. He had to believe and trust God( Hebrews 11:17).

Are you not moving because of doubt. The sooner you position the words out of your mouth “I believe” God will move. As my daughter made an initiative, I saw her faith, her determination and moved. God is waiting on you to make an initiative. He is waiting on you to show your trust in Him. I have joy in helping my daughter and I know He has joy in moving on your behalf.

Position yourself today. Cry out to the Lord to reveal what is blocking your faith. Wait for the LORD, call upon Him as your soul waits, and in His word hope. Wait more than those who watch for the morning…Yes, more than those who watch for the morning(Psalm 130:5-6). Pray to the Father to "help you with your doubts!" (Mark 9:23-24) For you were chose while in your mother’s womb, he chose and called you out of sheer generosity. So you would joyfully tell (Galatians 1:16).

No comments: