Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just Trust

The other day I was traveling with my baby in the car. I turned from one road going east and there was a car in front of me. The car in front of me turned into a parking lot and out came this car right in front of me as I was proceeding east with my child in the car. Initially got upset but I continued on.

As I drove, I thought more and more about what happen but my mind took me to the Lord. I felt as if this is what the Lord wants me to master. He wants me to know there will be some distractions trying to get in my way. There will be things that try to stop me dead in my tracks but just press on.

Today my child woke up with a fever and my tasks increased. I took my two year old to the doctor, only to find that I would have to bring all 4 of them back to the doctor.

Now I could easily get upset because spending my day at the doctor’s office was not on my agenda. I made no plans to take all my children to the doctor but it is what it is. I paused read a scripture given to me and it said “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (Matthew 6:33).

I thought more of this verse and it said to me to seek out what God wants first. As I sat there thinking of my list of things I was supposed to do I asked myself, what does God want?

Again, God is pressing me to press forward because He is saying, it will be alright. Often times we stand crying as He is saying Trust Me. We react in a radical manner and He is saying don’t Doubt Me. We go astray even when He says “I have part the sea for you to be blessed.” And we stand before Him still with our hands out wide saying “Lord Help me, but I don’t trust you. Lord help me but I doubt you.”

We put our self on a roller coaster time after time. We ask for strength but say I don’t trust you. We ask for clarity and we say I doubt you. My, my, my we ask but we don’t trust. Because we don’t seek as we must.

What is the point of asking if you don’t believe, what is the point of praying to the most powerful almighty God, if you don’t have faith in Him? Why call on Him, why stretch your arms, why say I want it, I need it and you doubt His grace.

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him” (Lamentations 3:22-25).

Instead of looking deep into what is bothering you or hurting you seek first what God wants and He shall add to you. Pray to seek God first each day. Call upon the Lord to give you understanding as of what it is He wants. Ask God to show you how to know Him in a more intimate way so you can just trust Him.

No comments: