Saturday, January 17, 2009

Prayer of Faith

Yesterday, a friend called she said, she was about to have an interview and felt she should call me. I was studying about the prayer of faith at the time and I just concluded how as children we ask our parents for things and we expect them to get them before they even answer us. I was thinking how there are conditions when we ask our parents for things, yet we still believe they will get what we ask.

As I listened to the friend, I read to her the scripture, “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them” Mark 11:24.

It was so relevant that I knew no one could assure her but the Lord. I did not give her my words but I gave her the word. The scripture tells us if we desire something and believe that the Father will give it to us, it shall be done. However many of us forget that there are conditions to what we ask, as there are conditions when a child ask a parent for something.

When my children ask me for something I ask them, why, do you need it, when do you need it and what are you going to do to earn your request.

Telling me why they need the request clarifies the purpose. For instance, if my six year old child said I need some money to buy some food. I would tell my child I have food you can eat what I have. If the child continues and says “well it’s not what I want” I would get perturbed because they would be saying to me what you have is not good enough. I would then feel my child is ungrateful.

Yet, if my child asked me for a coat because they out grew the other coat they had, I would grant my child a coat.

I believe when we ask the Father He likewise gives us conditions. He tells us to delight in Him (psalm 37:4). When we delight in Him we are happy, satisfied with Him being our Father, we spend time with Him and trust Him. He tells us to commit our way to Him, trust in him, and he will act (Psalm 37:5). When we dedicate our self to Him, we display our trust to Him. As a result He does supply all needs (Philippians 4:19).

Often times adults consider their desire yet neglect to focus on the purpose of the desire. It is not wise to ask for something and display ungratefulness for what He has given. We display that we don’t appreciate what He has supplied when we are not content and complain about it, don’t enjoy it, don’t take care of it and will not accept it.

When we out grow what He has given us I believe it is there waiting for us because we have matured and are ready.


When you are praying the prayer of faith it is wise to focus on what you believe the Father to supply, not the problem. If you ask God for something and as result worry yourself about it you display to God that you never trusted Him to begin.

Consider believing in what you ask for. Ask the Father to bring you closer in worship with Him. Pray to the Lord that you give thanksgiving unto Him for supplying your request. Call upon the Lord to help you meet the conditions so you can continue to focus on Him and not the problem, so you may trust Him.

No comments: