Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Seek Truth

As I look upon the crowd joined together for such a historical moment, I can’t help but see God is in control. He gave a desire to W.E.B.Dubois which others labeled him as a radical for such hope. Dubois sought out truth about his own people. He desired to go to Harvard yet was blessed to go to Fisk College. Along side Dubois God gave a dream to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. to push the dream further.

It has been 40 years of people loosing their lives, risking their lives, walking streets proclaiming the dream which God laid upon the hearts of many to explore the truth.

Recently, I accomplished what I’d always desired since I was a child. Two weeks ago, my books arrived at my door. In this package unveiled the beginning of a dream which was embedded in me since, I was a little girl.

As I continue to think of the history that is taking place today, it lets me know, if God can gather 2 million people together to witness history, imagine the masses He will join to witness the coming of Christ.

Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Malcolm X, Rosa Parks, John F. Kennedy, L.B.Johnson, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. W.E.B.Dubois there are many before our time that knew to seek truth. They all knew there was more work to be done, as I knew with my dream there is still work to be done.

My mind is captured by the scripture “But every spirit who does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist. You have heard that he is coming, and now he is already in the world” (1 John 4:3).

All will join to see that Jesus is King. As you go about your day consider seeking the truth, recognize that there is still more work to be done, for God is not finish with you. You too have a miracle waiting for you.

Seek God for your part, your work. Pray to God that you channel your focus to Him. Call upon the Lord to strengthen you in His word so you can flow as He moves mountains, part seas just so you can complete your work. Ask the Lord to “bless you, and keep you; The Lord make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace.’ So you shall invoke His name and He then will bless them" (Numbers 6:22-27).

No comments: