Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Expect Him

Last night I dreamt I was visiting a friend. In the midst of visiting out came a group of people who made donations towards my calling. Instantly, I was in tears in this dream. I did not know any of the people in my dream and I never mentioned what I was pursuing, people just gave.

This past Sunday I went to the altar and I gave the Lord my all my concerns about finances for this mission He has placed on my life. To dream what I have dreamt assures me that He has received my concerns and it is no longer a burden, for He is to be expected to take care of the finances of His will.

When we expect great things from God and do great things for God, we in fact are following the footsteps of Christ. Jesus expected much from the Father and He attempted much. When feeding the 5000 Jesus expected God to multiply the little to feed masses. When He was on the cross He expected God to bring Him back. These things He expected from the Father were not ordinary things, it was great things. His expectations showed great faith. It showed He knew God on a level of keeping His word.

Jesus constantly worked when He was on earth. As a child he could grasp the attention of others. Once He ministered saying “I must work the works of Him that sent Me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work" (John 9:4).

Jesus was disciplined in working; the same strength that manifested within Christ is to be developed in us. Not once do we see Jesus complaining of working. Even when He was on the cross He did not complain.

Our heavenly Father is there for us. “Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered” (Psalms 40:6).

As you lay our concerns on the altar, He wants you to keep them there and He will assure you that He has it all worked out. Some of us take our concerns to the altar and tell the Father to take them but we pick them right back up.

Maybe you think He needs your help. Perhaps you need the problem just a little bit longer.

When you turn your focus from pressing forward you loose sight of 'the will' and create a new will. When you try to design a plan to take care of matters that are not your responsibility you get off the boat.

Today if you are wondering why is this life so hard. If you are tired of never having a balanced life; leave that extra baggage at the altar.

Consider revising your plan. Entreat the Lord to know Him in a more intimate way of reliance. Pray to God to give you strength to look to Him. Ask God to give you the right mind to just depend on Him. Call upon the Lord to give you assurance as you trust, rely and focus on Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamilia,
This is great news and I know everyone attending is about to blessed tremendously! For your obedience to our Holy, heavenly Father, you are commended. Best wishes and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
th