Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lord Give

Last night I was in prayer about raising money for the “I Made It conference”. I have one sponsor and many people to serve. I don’t have much time before January and I just needed to hear from the Lord what to do next.

A friend emailed me this morning offering to be a sponsor. I felt odd because she was already helping me from another aspect. She gave me advice and I told her I wanted the event to be free so people can give freely. She understood and as I was emailing her back I realized I was stopping her from being a blessing to me by not freely accepting her sponsorship. I stopped in my tracks and apologized for it was as if I was telling "God no thanks, I will get it another way."

As I have been going through my growing pains; I have had to be willing to obey. I have not always felt like doing all the things in order to get this conference together but I would pray to God help me be willing to want to push forward.

“If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land” (Isaiah 1:19).

I recall God talking to Moses, the Lord said “tell the children to pick what they will give as a special contribution. “You must accept whatever contribution each person freely gives. This is the kind of contribution you will accept from them: gold, silver, and bronze” (Exodus 25:1-3-7).

God was specific to Moses he says to him, tell them to give a special contribution such as gold, silver and bronze. He directs Moses to accept what they give and to accept theses exact contributions.

My friend was already helping in one way but I believe God was saying to me this is what you specifically asked for and receive it.

Today my friends we are asking God and saying, “No God I want it another way.” Don’t make the mistake I almost made. I would like to ask each of you to make a contribution of $25 or more. If all you can give is $5 it will gladly be accepted. I pray that your contribution is something that you are willing to freely give. If you are going to hold grudges about it talk to the Lord a little bit longer.

If you are asking the Lord for something and need direction, pray that you are willing to obey. Ask God to give you a heart to exist for Him and be willing to do the work. For after being in the wilderness the Lord “brought Israel out with silver and gold, and no one among his tribes stumbled” (Psalm105:37). No one was feeble or sick every one was healed, because they gave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Praises,


I know that you are hearing from God. I was instructed to do an amount. When you said no, I thought how dare you to refuse. The good thing is that I said God, deal with her. I am thankful. I am. Remember, the key is always obedience. Always. I know that you are going to have a blessed event. I know.

How did you get that blog out. I think I need to do the same. You are an awesome woman of God you are. Keep moving and thank you for hearing from the Lord this morning. Be blessed. I am so proud of you.
Heddie J.

Anonymous said...

How blessed to live by the spirit, be convicted by the spirit, reprimand in the spirit and most of all love by the spirit.

Jamilia you are a great example. Thank you for shareing your faith. Some of us lead ordinary lives, but by your faith, obedience, and love for the Lord you have shown what it is to be extraordinary. To God be the glory.

hilaan