Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Satisfy Him

I was talking to a friend and she was getting around to asking “how will I help in the body of the church?” It is an issue I had been seeking God about because I wanted to make sure where ever I went it was where He wanted me to go. It has been instilled in me that when you’re in His will you will be blessed. She expressed to me that the church really needs my help and hoped I was up for the challenge.

With saying all that I believe, I still have to move. I can’t just pray about it and do nothing. I have to attempt in some area, as the Lord ignites me and moves me as He sees fit. I was reminded of Jesus speaking to His disciples; He told them to go and spread the word. They were not only supposed to just stay in the ambiance of the Lord. They had a commission.

“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age"(Matthew 28:19-20).

When you are sent to a church it is a two way relationship- you give what you give according to God’s wishes and the church gives what it gives. If you give nothing don't expect nothing: if you half way give expect half way giving back; but, if you give your heart, love, dedication, and loyalty being obedient to God's will, God will give you the same and even more.

There are many churches hurting today for help. There are many people who have been hurt by the some of the people at the church, but we all have a commission.

Maybe someone stopped you from saying the announcements at church, or they did not let you sing “your song” they let someone else sing it. Perhaps you are not able to serve where you desire to serve but being asked to serve some where else. Serving for the Lord can’t be based on how you feel; your emotions can’t be in control. Serving for the Lord has to be based on what is needed in the body of Christ. That doesn’t mean you won’t one day get to the area you desire, it just means you have to satisfy the Lord by giving the church what is needed, first.

Consider not looking at everything that is wrong. Glance around your church and ask the Lord which one of the areas that is broken; how does He want you to serve. Look at the walls of the church and ask God do you need me to paint your house, oh Lord. Ask Him do you need me to donate the paint for the wall. Tip toe in the restroom and ask the Lord do you need me to supply hand soap, air freshener, tissue paper, anything so that when one enters the doors it smells citrus. Possibly you only need to get some plug INS, just so it smells warm when you enter, His house. Instead of rendering a wish list, ask the Father how can I be of service and where you can I serve. “Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart” (Psalm37:4).

No comments: