Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Who

I remember being a young girl, being concerned about our bills, troubled about what we would eat, disturbed about our transportation. We only had one car and I had 5 siblings and my mother was a single parent. There was no other car to get in, if one messed up.

Our car would break down very often. It is interesting, thinking about the things I was concerned about as a child. I wonder, “Why didn’t I just have happy thoughts as a kid and be concerned about my home work.” I know it has a lot to do with, my homework was never a challenge to me because I did good in my studies, but home life was always an issue.

It is not a good thing to say but it is true. In my life, there was always an issue. At one time I blamed my mother because my dad was not with us and then I blamed my dad for not being with us. It was not until I reached the age of 28 that I accepted my parents divorce.

I grew up thinking my life is hard. Then I got married and realized, “Oh those issues I was concerned about as a child, its all coming back to me.”

When I first married my husband we did not have much so I was able to with stand the hardships. We have enough now and I am most grateful for it.

This morning as I search my childhood my mind takes me to David speaking to the Lord.“You, who have shown me great and severe troubles, Shall revive me again, And bring me up again from the depths of the earth” (Psalm 71:20) .

David is saying the God who has gave me food when I had no food, blessed with money when I had no employment, made sure I had a roof over my head, provided for me like no other, allowed me to take vacations, see my family, be loved by others, let me see great things, that God.

The God who brought me through Katrina, Stopped the tsunami from swallowing me, restored my marriage, gave me peace in times of troubles; that God shall perk me up, breathe life into me again, stimulate me to move forward.

God has shown His people many severe troubles and will show His people many dear mercies. David said he was almost killed and buried, but the Lord will bring him up from the lowest parts of the earth.

Some of us today feel like we are being buried alive. Some are fleeing from being executed but the Lord will restore you. The fact that you are sinking is not the issue. You must understand that the Lord is allowing you to sink and since He is allowing the sinking He will do the fixing.

The more you focus on the sinking and how you are sinking the less you focus on the who that is in control of the sinking. How gets all our attention and Who is getting the least.

As the year closes consider, Who. Who brought you from the pits of hell? Who saved you from the lions den? Who gave you a blood donation so you may be seen holy? Pray to God that you stop looking at how I got to this point. Ask the Lord to hinder your thoughts from thinking, how am I going to get to the next day. Call upon the Lord to take you by the hand, cradle you so you can stand and focus on Him and praise Him.

1 comment:

MsVonda said...

This is amazing and heartfelt. I needed to read this. It has touched my soul. Thank you J Bliss for the inspiration.