Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Child Like Faith

I was sitting reading a card from a friend and it reminded me that Jesus has already paid the price. I immediately start thinking of how God asks His children to do things and it’s already paid for. I continued to think of how my children will ask to go to Chuckie Cheese; they don’t consider how much it cost. When they ask you to get new items they don’t think maybe Daddy doesn’t have money for it or Mommy can’t get it. Children expect their parents to get what they desire as well as need.

It’s interesting because by nature they expect and believe we can. It is when we grow and develop from the chanting words of I can’t get you this or that which spirals our development to think, no we can’t.

Jesus paid the price for you and me. To have salvation, to be free but we keep trapping our minds. Each time we question can I get through this, can I be bold for the Lord; it is as if we are saying God you are lying. Matthew 9:29 tells us we have according to what we believe. When we let our imagination override what God has said we can do which is " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13). We tell the Father you are lying... I can't do that.

We all have something that we struggle with but it is up to us to take what we struggle with to the Lord, so He can work a miracle.

What do you believe today? Are you expecting God to give as a child believes? How is your faith? Instead of second guessing the Lord, ask him and believe He will. Pray to God that you have child like faith. Ask the Lord to help you trust Him fully."Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6).

No comments: